Virtual Joey PS3/PS4 app. Free or fee??

So without really searching for the answer, do you just use your own remote for the VJ? Like the ps3 remote or the LG remote that came with the TV? The answer seems obvious that you would, but still curious...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The incentive would be that they don't have to put a physical Joey in as many houses. These are generally subsidized, not purchased, and they obviously cost Dish something.

I know some want everything for free, but to stay in business most businesses charge for services as horrible as that is. Do you really think DISH is going to give up a $7 per month fee? They have thousands of Joeys available to be installed, they save nothing by you using a virtual joey and have Joey's sitting on the shelf, meanwhile losing $7 every month. The convenience is for you, not DISH. It's a choice for the consumer.

Last edited:
Well it just seems to me like a VJoey should cost a little less, maybe 5 bucks instead of 7.

I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds.
People move out of the way much faster now.

Reactions: david_jr
So without really searching for the answer, do you just use your own remote for the VJ? Like the ps3 remote or the LG remote that came with the TV? The answer seems obvious that you would, but still curious...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I believe I remember seeing that, once you activate the Virtual Joey, Dish sends you another Dish remote to use with it.

I really don't see why people think there should/would be a price break on the VJ. The charge is for access to the programming not the hardware/software, it's no different than purchasing a Joey, the charge is still $7 to use it.

Dan

Reactions: budda
I really don't see why people think there should/would be a price break on the VJ. The charge is for access to the programming not the hardware/software, it's no different than purchasing a Joey, the charge is still $7 to use it.

Dan

If you were around when the Hopper came out, you would've seen that some of us thought that it was stupid to charge a monthly fee for the physical Joeys too! After all, analog cable systems didn't charge additional fees for more than one TV -- or if they did, they stopped doing so long ago.

If you were around when the Hopper came out, you would've seen that some of us thought that it was stupid to charge a monthly fee for the physical Joeys too! After all, analog cable systems didn't charge additional fees for more than one TV -- or if they did, they stopped doing so long ago.
Analog cable doesn't require you to attach an box to your TV. You just screwed in the coax and switch a menu in the TV. In this case, the additional box is virtual. They still had to write it, test it and put in additional resources into making it.

They never charged for the additional TVs because they had no way of doing it. The TVs themselves have the tuners built in so the cable companies have no way of knowing how many TVs you are connected.

They never charged for the additional TVs because they had no way of doing it. The TVs themselves have the tuners built in so the cable companies have no way of knowing how many TVs you are connected.

And that's the way it should've been with satellite. There are lots of satellite tuners with card slots out there, the government failed us by failing to mandate that we be able to use them like they did with cable boxes. It should've been one household, one subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)