Visionsat Editor Program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ng54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Have been unable to get it to work on Win 2k. When ever I try to add satellite, the programs closes with errors. Also does not show TPs.
Would like to add PAS9 to sat list.

Any suggestions, tricks?

yep I've had the same issues with XP.

Hopefully they change that soon. In the mean time you can add PAS9 at the end. There are 4 or 5 "new sat" options

Iceberg

Yes I tried adding the sat at the end of the list, but got stumped
at where to enter the sat location 58.0W.

Also nice to know others are having same problem with I-editor.

Thanks

you're right...I can add the satellite but can't switch the satellite location. I remember doing that with 85 when it wasnt in the box. Could change the name but not the satellite location

Been out of the country for a few days and catching u on the threads. We will ask for a new sateelite list for the next Factory Firmware release and clarification on adding satellites and setting the position.

I have been trying without success to figure this one out. I want to add 129 (G-27) for Whitesprings. What I did (although I do not like this solution) is edit one of the two Ku "extra" satellites at the end of the list for 129w. It will NOT move there via USALS, so I used 1.2 (which I loathe :) )

Hopefully a fix for the channel editor is forthcoming, Visionsat has good support :)

Tron
I did the sasme thing with 85W when the box first came out. It wasnt in there so I used Brazilsat at 84 but couldnt change the satellite location

Just a minor update.

Found the Coolsat 7000 MicroPVR, Openbox X730PVR, Koscom SPVR5400,
and the TBoston 4600 use the same editor and loader as the Ivisionsat 200PVR.
Tried 3 of the above editors downloaded from manufactures sites and
found they all have the same symptoms.
Well then maybe its a windows problem or missing runtime files, so
I tried loading C++ and VB runtime files. No differrence. Then I tried Win95,
and again no difference.
I did actually find a website with pictures of the editor populated
with TPs as if it was working.
Windows DrWatson shows the program halts when a call to MFC42.dll
port 137. MFC42.dll is a dll that C++ programs use.

Any Ideas?

Found a partial solution!

Ivisionsat editor does work, but only with .fdu Ver. 1.1 files!! I found FDU_070814_1.fdu which is a 1.1 ver. fdu file. Was able to add PAS 9 and G27 and seen no problems with loading it to the receiver, USALS and SCAN ok. (Google the file name if you want it) Also when entering the sat location you have to subtract the sat location from 360 and enter that number, so the West location shows up. IE: Pas 9 @ 58.0 360.0 - 58.0 = 302.0 Enter 302.0

what do you mean .fdu ver 1.1 files?

I'm just confused. I'd love to use the editor on mine but I need some more info on this

.fdu

Hi Iceberg .FDU is the file name extension of the channel data file the receiver writes out to the USB stick. If you look in the System information menu, you will see the version of the FDU API that sends the channel data out to the USB stick. Probably version 1.2, thats whats in mine. The current editor we have access to is not capable of completely reading version 1.2 channel data file. It only works properly with version 1.1 channel data file. This file noted above 'FDU_070814_1.fdu' is actually from a coolsat 7000PVR receiver somebody donated to a website. At this point Iam not sure where I got the Version 1.1 from (SWAG).

Would be interested in a follow-up if this solution works :) The Visionsat is a great box, this bug is one of only a small handful that causes aggravation...

And here I thought it was just me that had problems. After Ice told me about the 360- sat location to get it to show west I tried editing locations but kept getting an error everytime I tried to save the edited file.:(

I just left it for now and used 1.2 for Intelsat3R and Hispasat.

For the satellite location, you can also use a minus sign in front of the longitude (example, for 123w, use -123.0).

Adding satellites and setting their locations is not a problem, but when you go to SAVE the darn file, it crashes the program :( I'm going to do a little research to see if the eye-patch gang has fixed the editor. Just don't want to get shanghai'd while venturing out in that part of town :D

Well, after some searching in various places, I found this:

Setedit.com

Select the version "SetEditFDU". I don't see any hack information on the site, although there might be some, so please delete this link if any is found.

This is a channel editor for .FDU files that *seems* to work well with the current version of .FDU files that the Visionsat uses. It is a demo version, and requires a rather steep registration fee (19 euros = about $40) if you want to use it to make more than 20 changes after it is installed. It seems to have many features, however, I can't seem to figure out how to add a new satellite. I will continue to play with it as long as it works (I have 15 changes left). I did use it to edit the "USER" satellites in the Visionsat list to give them orbital positions, so USALS *should* work on these now (I changed them into Hispasat 1c/d, Intelsat 3r, Intelsat 9, and Galaxy 27). If I discover how to add a satellite, I'll post that info here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)