Visionsat Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Got my new Visionsat IV 200 Plus. I'm waiting for my splitters to come from Sadoun but meanwhile I want to make sure the latest firmware is loaded. Here's what it shows;

App Ver NORW 1.15

Is that the firmware version?

The latest version available on the Visionsat website is 1.20 but I have the 1.45 version from this thread. Is that the one to load?

Do I have to be concerned with backing up anything before I attempt an upgrade?

If I copy the file to the thumbdrive and insert it into the receiver is that all I need to do? Will the receiver automatically detect and load the firmware?

Thanks...

You will find your firmware version number in the Sysyem Information menu, under Application Version. I have v1.45 in mine and I think that is the latest, believe mine came with v1.15 in it when it was new.

I can't answer your other questions as I've only updated mine one time and it's been quite a while, I forgot the exact procedure.

have you read the review thread on the Visionsat, lots of info there?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/101350-visionsat-iv200-pvr-plus.html

1.45 is the newest so you should load that. There have been many "bug" fixes since 1.15

as for the loading, someone will have to help you with that. Since mine is close enough to the computer, I use the rs-232 cable :)

You will find your firmware version number in the Sysyem Information menu, under Application Version. I have v1.45 in mine and I think that is the latest, believe mine came with v1.15 in it when it was new.

I can't answer your other questions as I've only updated mine one time and it's been quite a while, I forgot the exact procedure.

have you read the review thread on the Visionsat, lots of info there?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/101350-visionsat-iv200-pvr-plus.html

Is the 1.45 for card readers only and 1.20 for all others or just go with 1.45?

Yes, I read the entire thread twice but couldn't find anything describing exactly what the thumbdrive update procedure was (maybe I just missed it?).

Iceberg, your post came in while I was writing the above response. Thanks for the info, will use 1.45. Hopefully someone can fill me in on the USB update procedure.

OK found a couple items from the review.

1.45 is the newest for the box...1.20 is for the card reader only
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1238191-post192.html

as for the load process
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1376835-post217.html

anole said:
But the best way is to plug the supplied 64mb thumb-drive into your computer, and write the unzipped binary file on it.
Then, turn off the Visionsat, plug the thumb drive into the front panel, and power up the receiver. (back panel , then front panel)
After it's been up a few seconds you should see a pop-up asking if you'd like to load new firmware off the flash drive.

1.20 is the regular update according to the visionsat website. 1.45 is if you are going to use a card for a foreign language subscription.

I've been using 1.20 without problems for months now.

Excellent. Thanks again. Does anyone know if it offers a backup option at that point or should you backup before that or doesn't it matter? I really don't want to mess up the receiver before I even get to use it. One thing I've learned from 29 years working on computers is, you don't click on something without knowing ahead of time what it does. This is kinda the same thing. Sorry to be such a pest. :(

Rats! My splitter order just arrived but there was only one in the package! :(

Can I connect just one line and still scan or should I just wait until I get another splitter. Anybody know if RS carries the correct kind of splitter (single power-passing)?

Excellent. Thanks again. Does anyone know if it offers a backup option at that point or should you backup before that or doesn't it matter?

no need to. If you download the software into the box then do a factory reset before starting

Can I connect just one line and still scan or should I just wait until I get another splitter. Anybody know if RS carries the correct kind of splitter (single power-passing)?

if you have a lowes or home depot near by they do sell the one side power passing splitters

Rat shack might have them but if they dont see if they have a "dc block". It looks like a coax coupler but blocks the dc from one line (whatever output you put it on the splitter)

OK.

I upgraded the firmware. No matter what I did it would not automatically find it on the thumbdrive so I did it through the menu. Now running 1.45. :)

It asked for a 4 digit PIN. I don't recall that being addressed before. It took me a while to figure out to just hit Enter (?).

The nearest Lowes is about an hour away but there's an RS just over the hill. I'll try them first. Woo-hoo, I can't wait!

Thanks everybody!!

Went shopping for a splitter. There's good news and bad news.

Good News - Radio Shack has them.

Bad News - They want $21.95 each!!! :eek:

Good News - Went to Lowes and picked up a couple for about $7-8.00 each.

The system is up and running. Now it's time to learn all about blind scanning. Wish me luck. :)

I thought Lowes was an hour away? ;)

when you do blind scanning on KU, set it for manual and change the parameters to 11700 to 12200...the other parts that it defaults to (10700-12750) we dont really use here in the US. C-Band is OK for the parameters :)

OK. After spinning my wheels for almost 6 hours (and killing 1 half litre of blackberry merlot) I'm no closer to getting it done. Here's my setup:

7.5 foot C/Ku band BUD.
Co-rotor with a C-band LNB and a Ku LNB running through two separate coax.
Coax each run through a single pass high freq splitter (on the power pass legs).
Power pass sides go to 4DTV (922).
Other output of splitters goes to Diseqc switch.
Output of Diseqc goes to Visionsat.

Visionsat settings:

LNB Power = On
Single LNB
22Khz = Yes
LNB freq = 10600 (I've tried them all)
Diseqc 1.0 = 1

4DTV set to X0, T2(V)
Also tried G0 and any number of transponders

Select G10r (not G10r C)
Blind scan
FTA only
Set freq to 11700-12200
Scan vertical only

Something in those settings has to be wrong. All I get is JLTV and 60 "channels" of what appears to be music (no sound)?

HELP!

sounds like its working :)

JLTV is c-band which the LO is 5150 its on Galaxy 18 ( G10R)

i usually setup two of each satellite in my receiver so i don't have to change the LO back and forth.

single
LNB power = on
Lnb freq 10750 (for KU) 5150 ( for c-band)
22k = off
diseqc 1.0 = 1 (for whichever you hooked up sounds like c-band)
diseqc 1.0 = 2 (probably Ku)

music channels are encripted

scan the ku side of 123 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)