visual trailing with the 622?

ChrisBMoore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Is anybody experiencing a visual trail when watching certain local HD feeds? When I watch my NBC HD feed, the images seem to leave a trail when they move. I almost think of it as taking a bad acid trip, lol, although I've never had such a thing. I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Certain hallucinogenic enhancers will have that effect on the brain including blurred vision and a feeling of excitement that may also include uncontrollable laugh attacks...

ChrisBMoore said:
Is anybody experiencing a visual trail when watching certain local HD feeds? When I watch my NBC HD feed, the images seem to leave a trail when they move. I almost think of it as taking a bad acid trip, lol, although I've never had such a thing. I haven't seen it mentioned here.

Haven't seen anything like that on mine at all.

Oh my God ! I thought I was having an Acid Flashback from the 80's! :p

A reboot will take care of that problem ....for a short while anyway.

Last edited:
I only see the strobbing when the receiver needs a good rebooting. I have started rebooting daily before my primetime shows to make sure I don't suffer from the video strobing and audio synch problems. I can't fix the audio drop outs though. For the record I never did acid in the 80's, but I had a friend who did. I was just trying to be funny.;)

I've been lucky and I haven't seen this yet (going on 3 weeks with the 622.) FWIW I'm using component connections to my TV but I doubt it's that.

-Mike

I seem to notice either way the component or HDMI. The other thing is that even after a reboot, it still seems to happen. It isn't really unbearable, just slightly annoying, and I just wondered if anyone else saw it. Apparently a few have. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It's not just the 622. I've seen the same thing on both the 921 and 942 with OTA NBC during fast mostion scene changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)