vmc satellite agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrewdoe

Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
I am being harassed by VMC about early termination. Although Dish says I owe nothing. Does anyone have the user agreement link? I know someone here sent it to me before. Thanks.

I had sent one from a buddy long ago and even had posted to stay away from VMC. My buddy even filed a BBB claim. You are screwed. They have a small clause in there that makes it appear that although E* says you have no contract, nor owe any mony to E* if you don't stay with E* services for 6mos, 12, 24mos (what ever you signed/yes even via the net) then they claim a chargeback against you, because they say E* charges them back. For the money you will spend to fight them you will and up paying $1000's more than the $250 - $500 chargeback. E* and VMC are seperate companies.

As much as I despise VMC I have no sympathy for you.

They explain their agreement with you on their website and you signed their contract.

"DISH" didn't say you owe nothing. Some clueless CSR did. If you want to take free legal advice from some $6hr agent in a call center that's up to you.

I would recommend that you pay VMC what you owe.

First of all, it's only fair to keep your word and see that they get back what DISH charged them back for bringing you in. Secondly, you may want to protect your credit rating if you still have one worth protecting.

but they don't hold their end 100% either. My bud's contract said DISH equipment could be returned in lieu of the chargeback, they got the hardware back in perfect shape and STILL issued the charge. I also said pay it, but use your word of mouth and BBB to expose them.

The early termination fee in these contracts is seperate from the equipment fee.

If the equipment is properly returned to the retailer within the 1st 6 months or shipped to DISH after 6 months there should be no equipment fee. Some subscribers elect to pay for the LNBF rather than climbing up on the roof to retrieve it.

But even if the equipment is properly returned & credited the original retailer is charged back his activation fees & installation payments. The chargebacks are prorated now so he won't lose so much in the 3rd or 4th quarters. But he still loses money. That's why early termination fees are part of the agreement and they will still be owed if the equipment is returned.

There's nothing to "expose" and the BBB has no reason to get involved if a contract is in place.

Sounds like you work for VMC to me. After a complaint was filed with the BBB and 4 calls to E* they refunded the chargeback considering the promo was for "absolutely no commitment". As I said before, I would still recommend paying VMC and then fight afterward. A few phonecalls never hurts and in this case got money back. To each his own.

No, I don't work for VMC and I feel sorry for the fools that deal with them.

But there is a difference between getting a system from DISH and from another retailer. It's dumb to go through VMC because they just rely on DISH for installation & customer support.

When you go directly though DISH you get the same marginal installation & support but no commitment. Return the equipment and you're off the hook.

If you use a retailer you will most likely have an agreement that includes early termination fees. So why not use a local specialty dealer that does professional installations and gives you good service & support and explains things properly instead of an internet, direct-mail, or telemarketer?

Chances are you won't feel the need or desire to terminate and deal with any of the consequent issues.

BTW, the promo is not "with absolutely no commitment." The DISH ads & literature say, "No commitment with DISH Network."

Andrewdoe! Just curious. How much did you pay VMC for all of the equipment and installation? $19.99? $29.99? $89.00? They lost probably somewhere around $600.00 +, which included the cost of the equipment, shipping of the equipment, activation and or commission fees they were paid for the sale, wages paid for the bimbo on the phone, advertising to get your attention in the first place, Web fees, etc. etc.! This figure could be up to $150.00 less depending on how far into the 12 months you went before you decided to quit paying for satellite. If it was a local retailer he would have additional costs for installation materials and labor. That is why they have an agreement that is for a 1 year commitment. I am told that the provider (dish, dtv, etc.) reimburses them for the cost of the equipment and pays them their activation and commission fees after the installation but takes it back from them if the customer does not continue to pay for the minimum programming for 12 months. After the 12 months they are in the clear from the satellite provider.

just my .02 worth!

If the Sub disco's in the first year,the retailer loses money. If the sub signed a contract, he owes the money. How is a retailer to protect himself from this?

ciaraco said:
If the Sub disco's in the first year,the retailer loses money. If the sub signed a contract, he owes the money. How is a retailer to protect himself from this?

That pretty much sums it up.

I say fight it. Call the local T.V. station and let them make the public aware of these third party contracts. Check with your state attorney generals office and see what they say about the legality of a third party conract. Dish says no commitment and in my oppinion VCM is a representative of Dish Network.... so why a third party contract for chargebacks to the customer. Keep us posted.

Unfortunately, E* retailers are getting screwed because E* says there is no commitment, but they do chageback the retailer a prorated equipment charge depending on how long the cust is an active subscriber. This is why the retailer I work for(at my urging) now only does a 1 or 2 year DHA commitment. If the cust pushes for the no commitment, we refer them to E* directly. It's not worth it to us to deal with the BS that E* has created over this. D* requires a 1 year commit, so we do the same with E*.

Unless you got piss poor credit, your basically screwed into paying it because if you don't I guarantee they send it over to collections, and if you have good credit it will be seen as a negative mark!

My advice, don't deal with VMC! They are crooks!

wobbie said:
I say fight it. Call the local T.V. station and let them make the public aware of these third party contracts. Check with your state attorney generals office and see what they say about the legality of a third party conract. Dish says no commitment and in my oppinion VCM is a representative of Dish Network.... so why a third party contract for chargebacks to the customer. Keep us posted.
You're responsible for what you sign. PERIOD. Read it before you sign it. If you don't like what it says, don't sign it. PERIOD. I'll tell you what the attorney generals office is gonna say, just what i said above.

I'm betting VMC uses Dish network DSN installers. If he signed anything that the installer brought along it was a contract with Dish Network, not VMC. Look at VMC's website or if you do get to one call the number listed, they are all affiliate sales and the only thing that you sign is ordering the product. I would tell andrewdoe to look at the papers that he signed at time of the install.

Not to jump in on this arguement too late, but what about this scenario...
I, too, used VMC to get an E* system. When I signed up I didn't read all the stuff on the website about the 1 year commitment...my fault and I take full responsibility. Anyway, the system was installed on 2/23/04. I waited until 2/24/05 to call E* and cancel my account because I didn't want to get hit with the penalty. Yesterday (5/23/05) I get a letter from VMC saying I owe them $290 for early termination because I didn't keep the account open for 12 months! Isn't 2/23/04 till 2/24/05 12 months, even with the leap day figured in? I called and explained and the rep said to write a letter or send an email explaining so I'm sending a letter to document my end. But am I also going to get screwed by VMC on this?

Third party contracts are very much legal, we had a customer that tried the same thing, cancelled 4 months in, we got charged back
we charged him a cancellation fee (which by the way still didn't recoop the money we were out on him),
or course he was not under contract with Dish, so they didn't do anything
he filed with BBB, and argued the charges with the credit card company,
we took him to small claims court, and not only won the claim, got the money as stated on the contract, but he also ended up paying for legal and court costs.

lesson of the story, deal with a reputable company, and only sign something if you have read and understand the terms....

o, and just a side note, we now will only do 12, or 24 month commitments, we explain that when people call, that the ad clearly says, NO DISH NETWORK Commitment, but that there will be a commitment with the installing company...
the guy that we charged back knew that from the beginning, but since we are a small company, he thought he could get around it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts