VOD For DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
my question: how can i be a beta tester?

One way to help your chances is to put your setup in thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=79383. The rumor was if you put your setup there D* might pick you based on your configuration (as I said, that's the rumor). Also sign up for the HR20 cutting edge notifications on that same site, if not in the beta good chance that they would at least put the code out via the cutting edge before it goes national.

Will it be availible on the r15?

Doesn't sound like it:

DirecTV subscribers with the company’s high-definition DVR receiver and a high-speed modem connection will be able to access more than 2,000 on-demand movies — many of which will be in high-definition — as well as the cable-network content. Shanks said DirecTV will begin beta-testing the service in April and expects to roll it out to customers in July.

that was the reason I bought the R15 was for the VOD content mainly. If not for that I would have probably stuck with my TIVO and had far less problems and not lost all of my recordings last month because I had to reset it. When the R15 first came out we were promised VOD and Interactive features. Now we're being told that NO VOD and not ALL interactive will work on the R15? Sounds like Bait and Switch to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts