Voice on Welcome page

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
The voice is nice to a point. One thing it does though is make this a risky site to visit from work. I for one would suggest keeping the voice intro for special events like the CC or a giveaway. If not this will have to come off my "visit in the daytime" list. I assume there are others too. I could turn down my speakers but that is not practical. Need them to often.

It only plays the first two time you see it, the rest of the time it just looks at you funny and follows your cursor. :D

Yup it was me. :)

At CES I have the ability to update the "head" anytime I want via my cell phone, so if I see something that is worth mentioning I can instantly update it and offer TRUE Breaking News from CES. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
At CES I have the ability to update the "head" anytime I want via my cell phone, so if I see something that is worth mentioning I can instantly update it and offer TRUE Breaking News from CES. :D
This is really cool! We are looking forward to your breaking news from CES!

That voice may be the most annoying thing that I have ever heard. If you are not using IE after the second time it still repeats.

Geez guys, you don't have to be rude about it. That voice is Scott himself.

I have Firefox and it only played once for me.

I think it's sexy.

That should balance those comments out :D

So is Scott having techical difficulites? I thought he left this morning... Time to update the sitepal :)

I visit daily from work using a PC on Windows NT with an IE 5 browser and the voice plays every time I access the site. When I remember, I mute the sound on my PC, but otherwise, it certainly alerts all around my cubicle that I'm up to something besides work. Please end the voice!

It's a great feature that visitors should be able to enable. But it's very annoying to visit a site and be surprised by a voice. Please leave the feature disabled by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts