Voltage controlled LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Need opinions and/or recommendations on what would be the best LNB that supports changes in polarity based on voltage. In other words, I'm wanting to replace the old Chaparral with a newer LNB that has voltage controlled polarity switching. Any ideas? I'm open to em all.

P.S. I finally got my BUD. :) Now it's a matter of getting it mounted without running out of breath. (It's so damn heavy!!)

Need opinions and/or recommendations on what would be the best LNB that supports changes in polarity based on voltage. In other words, I'm wanting to replace the old Chaparral with a newer LNB that has voltage controlled polarity switching. Any ideas? I'm open to em all.

P.S. I finally got my BUD. :) Now it's a matter of getting it mounted without running out of breath. (It's so damn heavy!!)

Looking for analog or digital ? Many analog receivers will not do voltage switching .

Also , the polorotor may be better suited for sats to the extreme east and west of the clark belt .

Wyr

Congratulations techno935 on getting the dish! Where and how? Do tell! Got any pics? You gotta have before pics. I got some of mine, but i wanted to paint it before i posted before and after.

I'll add the pics soon. Gotta fire up the digital camera. It's nighttime as I post this reply.

Well here's the thing on analog or digital:

I don't wanna have to run more cable just for the 2 different polarities. I don't think I'll be watchin a whole lot of analog in the future or not. I mean, lemme get the digital side of things rollin first, then I'll decide later on analog. In the meantime, I guess a high frequency splitter could work as a combiner?? Is that possible? Combine the outputs of the H and V into the incoming line? I don't know. Gotta get the thing mounted first before I do anything else.

It's an 8 foot, most likely a "SAMI" style mesh dish. I may just work with some rust remover to get rid of all the rust around the bolts and maybe replace em. We shall see.

P.S. Being in South Florida, need a personal protection plan in case a hurricane decides to show up next year. The closer to the ground the better right? In case one does hit, I DON'T want damage done to my dish.

DMS International offers the BSC421 LNBF and the BSC621 and BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBFs

They all work digital or analog.
You can get more information from authorized DMS International resellers or from www.dmsiusa.com.

Good Luck.... MrTim

I'll add the pics soon. Gotta fire up the digital camera. It's nighttime as I post this reply.

Well here's the thing on analog or digital:

I don't wanna have to run more cable just for the 2 different polarities. I don't think I'll be watchin a whole lot of analog in the future or not. I mean, lemme get the digital side of things rollin first, then I'll decide later on analog. In the meantime, I guess a high frequency splitter could work as a combiner?? Is that possible? Combine the outputs of the H and V into the incoming line? I don't know. Gotta get the thing mounted first before I do anything else.

It's an 8 foot, most likely a "SAMI" style mesh dish. I may just work with some rust remover to get rid of all the rust around the bolts and maybe replace em. We shall see.

P.S. Being in South Florida, need a personal protection plan in case a hurricane decides to show up next year. The closer to the ground the better right? In case one does hit, I DON'T want damage done to my dish.

OK , I will address the digital C band side .

All the digital FTA receivers I have heard of will do voltage switching OK . This means one coax cable is fine ( but consider installing a spare ) .

You going to have a motor on the dish ? Most of the actuators are simpler to operate with an old analog receiver .

Try a splitter that blocks DC power to one connector . Let the FTA receiver suppliy DC to the LNBF & add a short piece of coax to feed the analog receiver with just the signal off of the LNBF .

Use the analog receiver to move the dish .

If you are actually watching analog , you will need to use the FTA receiver to switch polarity .

Since I have a feedhorn / polorotor / LNB , I do the opposite to feed C band signal to my FTA receiver .

It is actually much easier to find the sat with the analog , first & then tweek it by watching signal quality on the FTA receiver .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)