Voltage on old Maspro receiver is no longer switching polarity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I have been having issues with the receiver (Maspro) not getting the Vertical side of the TPs on C Band. The funny thing is, the KU side works fine. I get both V/H on G19, but no vertical on C Band. I first thought it was the polorotor motor but it moves fine. Any idea what the issue might be? I even switched out the C Band LNB, and I am getting the same results. The old Maspro I only use to move the dish and to switch the polarity. I have the Pansat 9500. Could it be the Pansat rather than the Maspro? I get little or no signal on the V side on any C Band satellites, just the H, yet both on G19 KU. That is fine. In switching the polarity outside (UHF remote), switching from V/H. On one side 13-14v, the other side 5 volts. Weird. If I am not getting the correct voltage on C Band, why is KU working (at least on G19)? Any ideas? .
In playing around with the polarity, I did find a bit of very weak V signals on a few C Band satellites. F1 gives me 94-96% on H but nothing or 12-14% on V.
Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick

Last edited:
Update. I tore into the system a bit tonight bypassing my diseqc switches I used with my old 4DTV receiver combining C/KU with both the FTA, which I no longer need. Just a switch to combine C/KU to my Pansat. Anyway, in the process, I hooked the C Band line directly to the Pansat 9500 and my Horizontal is back. Apparently some issue with the switch set up. On SES1 some Horizontal frequencies still will not lock, 4180 or 3820. I have no idea why, if they are indeed active. But at least the H is back. Living in the NW with an 8,5 dish may also be an issue with weaker transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)