Volume Control for Voom STB Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I have noticed when changing to different channels that volumes vary for channel to channel. I was wondering if Voom could add a "smart" volume control which will try to keep volumes constant when changing channels. What do you all think of this feature?

From what we have been told, they only can control the volume to their own channels. Everything else they pass as it is. I like the idea of this feature but it will cost a whole lot to come up with something like this (I think).

jimmykce1 said:
I have noticed when changing to different channels that volumes vary for channel to channel. I was wondering if Voom could add a "smart" volume control which will try to keep volumes constant when changing channels. What do you all think of this feature?
Not a good idea, they would have to insert some sort of compression system to keep the sound more even. Your amp should have this feature built in, sometimes called Night Mode or something like that. Effectively, what it does is compress the sound so the dynamic range is not so broad, it lowers the highest sounds and raises the lowest sounds so you're not blowing yourself out of the sofa during explosions and cranking it up during low vocal scenes.

I have this problem with my roommate, he's a bit hard of hearing so I have to crank up the sound for dialogue and crank it down when the action heats up.

VOOM STB has 2 compression modes too, though I normally turn them off.

Ilya said:
VOOM STB has 2 compression modes too, though I normally turn them off.
DOH! Those totally slipped my mind. I never use them either, I prefer VaVaBOOM with my movies. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts