Von Weise 24"Actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1inabillion said:
Billion Here

Are the Von Weise Actuator able to be rebuilt somewhere i saw someone done
just that and is it Cost Wise. let me know thanks billion

This is the parrent company , I think . Might email them .

Wyr

subscribing.

My VonWeiss works fine but has more play in it than I'd like. I don't know if this is normal or not and I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

Shawn95GT said:
subscribing.

My VonWeiss works fine but has more play in it than I'd like. I don't know if this is normal or not and I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

I've had some issues with mine, but I found part of my problem was the bolts holding it to the mount weren't snugged down tight enough. I realized I had a problem when we had some high winds recently. When a 50mph gust hit the dish, it was doing a nice little shimmy. I went out and really cinched them down tight, and it doesn't move hardly at all in the wind now. I also loosened the bolts my mount rotates on and lubricated them with motor oil. This seemed to help a lot as the mount turned more smoothly, and the arm had a better grip on things.

Mike

DSC00969.JPGDSC00991.JPG
Billion Here

Are the Von Weise Actuator able to be rebuilt somewhere i saw someone done
just that and is it Cost Wise. let me know thanks billion

Billion there is a Post on Satellite Guys here by Gabshere with about 20 great step by step pictures on doing a complete overhaul on a Von Weise Actuator. I used it to overhaul mine and it has worked well for going on 4 years. Main fix is to take it apart, sand it down where there is rust, and refill it with grease - I used white Lithium grease with great success. But with all the rain we had this summer and now the snow mine is starting to show some outside rust again.

Just realized I answered a post from 2006, but at least there is some great info here from your Post Lone Gunman great info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)