Von Weise Actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTAsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2007
My C band dish I picked up not long ago came with a Von Weise Actuator (big one 36"). All free and it works very well but I have noticed that the slack is bad. The arm its self can be pushed on and its sloppy. The KU sats I have to go one way into them to get a lock. If I come from the other way I must go pasted it then back.

Anyone have some tips on removing some of the slop in the arm. Thinking of treaing it down to invesigate, would like some idea before I go that route.

Check that all the mounting bolts are tight and not giving you slop. If they are it is probabley the plastic gear mounted in the tube. When I bought my first home it came with a 10' dish with a stipped gear. The former owner had left a new plastic gear for it on top of the satellite reciever (without a note of what it was). It was not super easy to change since the tube is crimped on to the plastic gear but with the help of a set of oxy/acetaline torches and a hammer and a few chisels I managed to to get the old one out and installed the new one ( let the tube cool compleatly before installing the new gear). A few hits with the hammer and chisel recrimped the tube to the new gear.

This was my first time messing with any satellite system but my bell sub dish and I managed to get it all back together and with the help of an orbit magazine and the recievers manual I managed to reset all the sats in the reciever and enjoy the 6 months of subs left on the C band reciever. I took me my half hour lunch break at work to change the gear and a couple hours after work to get the tube in the right spot so the dish would move across the arc without hitting the limit switches. This was before I had a computer to get advise, and I was lucky that the dish never flopped while setting the tube back onto the threaded rod in the right spot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts