Vonage and 721/921

rc811002

Ray
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 23, 2005
St. Louis
Search is my friend, search is my friend ...
I have seen recent comments regarding Vonage and the 625, Vonage and the 522, and Vonage and the 508. It appears to work with some limitations such as interactive menus not working. I also saw the email from E* regarding their lack of support for this technology.
My Question: Has anyone out there used Vonage and a 721 or 921?
I have two 522's, a 721 and a 921 and am obviously E* Gestapo Audit bait so I want to keep these puppies hooked up to a phone line.....
Any help is appreciated.

My 921 was unable to properly connect to E* through Vonage.
The problem first appeared when I was preparing to make a regular phone call and I heard the 921 trying to talk to E*.
I noted that my 921 seemed to be clicking every few minutes.
I then checked my online Vonage usage statistics.
Imagine my surprise when I found hundreds of one minute calls to an 800-type number.
The 921 was disconnected immediately.
I've since changed to cell phones only and discontinued Vonage.
Since I have only the one receiver, I've never heard a peep from E*.
YMMV

Well putting in this prefix code helped my 510 I don't know if it'll help a 921 or not. Put in the prefix code #99 or if that does not work use *99 and your receivers should be able to dial out.

I have been a Vonage user for 3 years. I got a 942 and an 811 this summer and they both dial out without a problem.

Jeremiah

Thank you

jeremiah75 - Welcome to Satellite guys! Thanks for your reply.

Bradleys and Nsafreak, thank you, too!

no problems with 721

I've got a 721 connected to a Vonage line, no problems here. Caller ID works great and Dish has successfully been able to charge me for my PPV, unfortunately. :)

811 with VoicePulse here. I've also been succesful in using it with free VoIP services such as FreeWorldDialup and SIPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts