VOOM 21 Exclusive to Dish????

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I just ordered Dish yesterday and am dropping Cox. I ordered two 811's and will temporarily use Tivo's in extremely fine quality mode and one 625 dvr for two sd tv too share. The total investment cost is $0 with no commitment so I can back out anytime. I did this because because before I purchases a 921 or 946 I wanted to be sure they added all the VOOM 21's and Cinemax HD, Starz HD and TMC HD. I got bored with INHD 1 & 2 after 2 months. He swore to me they were adding all the VOOM channels and the were EXCLUSIVE to DISH. To anyone's knowledge are the Voom original's exclusive to Dish? I thought that Rainbow was a provider to whichever cable or sat provider wanted to carry them, which meant that if D* picks up all 21' this summer , bye, bye E* because I want Worldsport, Kung FU and VICE.

Scott, Sean, any info on this exclusiveness?

Thanks

As far as we know and the Press Release, they are not exclusive to dish and they are available to D* or Cable. Voom/Rainbow Media wants to make money on this.

Sean Mota said:
As far as we know and the Press Release, they are not exclusive to dish and they are available to D* or Cable. Voom/Rainbow Media wants to make money on this.
That's what I thought. I thought I read read about about a able company caled United Cable picking up 14 channels. The E* CSR assured me they were getting all the channels so there was no risk in getting the 921 or 946 and they wer addinf UHD, CinemaxHD, StarzHD & TmcHD. Funny, he said they were adding everything I wanted. I don't know how they picked they Voom channels (probably based on price), but I am shocked they did not pick up Worldsport to compete with D*'s sports concention.

I did predict Dish would pick 10, just the worng 10.

Does anyone at E* speak english as their primary language? After spending an tortuous 30 minutes on the phone decrypting what the CSR (4th one with broken english) was telling me about the VOOM promotion, I was told that I would have to call back tomorrow to see if they would allow me to order two 811s and one 942 - CSR kept trying to convince me that the 942 would output HD to both HDTV...NOT...and kept trying to get me to sign-up now and worry about the hardware later!

The "Special VOOM Promotion Team" blows Ronald Jeremy!!!

Ugh!!! Once again, VOOM CSRs were 1000x better!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)