Voom 21 programming ends at......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robktampabay

Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Tampa
Per zap2it, the voom 21 programmimg runs until 6am on may 1........after that there is no schedule.....safe to assume that it will be shut off sometime between midnight and 6am on the first of may I suppose......

No.

Voom service shuts down At 12:01:00AM EST on April 30th.

Just becuase the program guide continues doesn't mean it will be shown

BFG, that means that there will be no programming on the 30th. Is that what you meant to say or should it be 12:01 AM May 1st?

I am still beiing told shutdown will be done at 12:01am on the 30th. Not on the first.

However I am told that the official shutdown schedule should be completed by Tuesday, so hopefully I will have an update for you then.

I wonder if instead of going dark, they will broadcast a message on all channels for a few days? Scott, have you heard anything of this nature?

Yeah, probably the program ends on 12:01 on the 30th and there will be a message all day on the 30th...

Perfect for a Saturday ...

I hope they slate all channels with a shut down message (or remove all channels except a slate channel).

Are the promo channels still promoting Voom or have they put up any shutdown information?

JL

robktampabay said:
Per zap2it, the voom 21 programmimg runs until 6am on may 1........after that there is no schedule.....safe to assume that it will be shut off sometime between midnight and 6am on the first of may I suppose......

Actually zap2it guide data ends only for the HD Cienma channels 101-121 there is still quide data for the specialty channels 122-130 (Rush, Soundstage, etc.) all the way thru May 6th the and of zap2it's current timeline.

So will we still be able to receive some channels through the 6th?

sabo2 said:
So will we still be able to receive some channels through the 6th?

I doubt that. I do find it interesting tho' with the shutdown going on why a certain group of channels still show guide data while other channels guide data ends appropriately.

Maybe something is going on that no one is talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)