VOOM-Aid Concert on Pay Per View--why not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Does anyone have an inside track to VOOM programming for Pay Per View events?

Can a top-name music personality (or what about Richard Branson????) be approached to donate his/her (hopefully a VOOM customer) talents to a Pay Per View EVENT VERY soon and then, in addition to the Pay Per View Fee, have a call-in telethon number to raise some $$$$$$$ for Charlie Dolan--as a gesture of support.

VOOMers can invite friends and neighbors and ask them to donate.

It's the quickest way to show support, rather than wait for months to see how subscriber numbers double, etc. It may not be enough actual $$$ to float VOOM back to the top, but it's a way of voting with our pocketbooks--that goes beyond a few extra subscriptions.

USE VOOM to Perpetuate VOOM--the channels are there--but Pay Per View would go great--lots of new VOOMERS--waiting for a Pay Per View Event--I know I am.

This isn't just another Satellite Channel--this is a ideological issue and all about choices.

bookwalk said:

Can a top-name music personality (or what about Richard Branson????) be approached to donate his/her (hopefully a VOOM customer) talents to a Pay Per View EVENT VERY soon and then, in addition to the Pay Per View Fee, have a call-in telethon number to raise some $$$$$$$ for Charlie Dolan--as a gesture of support.

VOOMers can invite friends and neighbors and ask them to donate.

It's the quickest way to show support, rather than wait for months to see how subscriber numbers double, etc. It may not be enough actual $$$ to float VOOM back to the top, but it's a way of voting with our pocketbooks--that goes beyond a few extra subscriptions.

USE VOOM to Perpetuate VOOM--the channels are there--but Pay Per View would go great--lots of new VOOMERS--waiting for a Pay Per View Event--I know I am.

This isn't just another Satellite Channel--this is a ideological issue and all about choices.
You're saying multi-BILLIONAIRE Chuck Dolan is a charity case? Send your money to the tsunami victims, not Dolan.

I already have sent to tsunami victims. This is merely a statement of support that would go beyond this forum. I don't know the number of VOOM subscribers who visit this forum. I saw one thread with 30,000 views, but assume those are repeat views by same forum member???

But, to get to ALL VOOMers-- what better way?

No--he doesn't need the actual $$$$, but public support beyond this forum--he's not getting it from the press.

He could also make a public appearance on HD News, but that may be missed.

bookwalk said:

TONIGHT ON VOOM PPV!! It's the Voomathon featuring hit artists:

p06231ccn9c.jpg

singing their smash hit "Voom I'm Gonna Miss You"

AND...

george%20michael.jpg

crooning out "You Gotta Have VOOM"

Join us at 9:00 pm, 8:00 central for this once in a lifetime experience!! Keep the hope alive. Voom will live on forever.

Oh...THIS JUST IN...A surprise guest has been added to the star studded lineup:

Fresh from a day in court, featuring a backup group, The Third Grade Class of Santa Clara Elementary Boys School:

_1651544_badcd-pa150.jpg

singing his greatest hits: "VOOM With You (All Night)" and "Don't Stop til You Get Enough VOOM".

Join us...please!!

Awwww, give me a break--I'm a new VOOMer--I just don't want to be an old VOOMer very soon. Since, I'm new--how often do Pay Per View events show up anyway? When will VOOM have Pay Per View Movies or Movies on Demand?
I just think that VOOM is the sort of toy that Richard Branson would perhaps like--but he's up in the clouds, so probably won't come down to this VOOM room.

Lol. You guys tore him apart. Be nice ;).

It's frustrating knowing a service you enjoy might go under.

da_smush said:
Lol. You guys tore him apart. Be nice ;).

It's frustrating knowing a service you enjoy might go under.

I'll admit, I don't think that's the best idea I've heard, and I'll also admit that ddlsmith's post was funny...but bookwalk is new, but apparently has a history of "grass roots" movements that have been successful in her (yes, he is a she!) home area. :) She and her husband went through hell to get VoOM installed.

I think the "grass roots" aspect is important, as I posted once: "Have YOU done your part?" regarding having VoOM parties to educate your friends.

Cut her a break, and don't dismiss her off the cuff. There is a lot of momentum and new ideas from new and old posters going on in this forum. I, for one, would hate to see people being too intimidated by potential ridicule to suggest a new idea that might further the cause I think we all (well at least 99%), support. Just my opinion! :)

Yes, "bookwalk" is a she and someone you wouldn't want to cross from what I've gathered from her posts.

Actually, I think she has a great idea. It might bring good press coverage. Not sure how you go about setting something like this up. Any ideas from a practical point of view?

Still wondering if it's going to be Freddy or Jason who triumphs under clear Seattle skies, Gill

bookwalk said:
Awwww, give me a break--I'm a new VOOMer--I just don't want to be an old VOOMer very soon. Since, I'm new--how often do Pay Per View events show up anyway? When will VOOM have Pay Per View Movies or Movies on Demand?
I just think that VOOM is the sort of toy that Richard Branson would perhaps like--but he's up in the clouds, so probably won't come down to this VOOM room.
bookwalk please don't take my Voomathon concert post as a slam. I would do anything to save Voom. It just gets so tense in here sometimes I have to do something to lighten up the mood a little or we might all be on suicide watch! Keep up the good work and ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts