Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciated your post riffjim4069. I too have always liked Cinema 10 because they offer some classic quality films. "King of Hearts" which has been playing lately is such an example. I must have seen it 4 or 5 times; same with Johnny Dep in "Arizona Summer" and many others. I always check Cinema 10 before moving on to check out the premium HD movie channels.

The biggest complaint I hear is that they are old. Well, Rome is old but I visit it every chance I get.

I am also a big fan of the Cinema10 lineup. I like the lineup because it is completely different from the premium channels. I agree that the offerings have definitely improved in the last 6 months or so. Cinema10’s offerings still seems to take a lot of bashing. However, if you compare the quality of films played on Cinema 10 with what's played on a premium channel like HBO or Cinemax, they are comparable in quality. Cinema 10 has played some pretty good movies. The original Manchurian Candidate, The Terminator, Avanti!, House of Games, The Magnificent Seven, My Life as a Dog, The Professional, A Room with a View, cover a broad range of movies that have been played.

F.Y.I.

When I had my Voom installed, I utilized a local private company that is not affiliated with Installs.inc. That was in December. I talked to him yestreday about coming out and doing an ISF calibration on my plasma and we started discussing Voom. He told me that he has Voom installs schedualed into next week and that the word from his Voom rep is that the new content is still slated for March. Voom is also still suppling OTA upgrades and such. (I am getting one) He also stated, (and this is hearsay of course), that because of discussions with Voom corporate and various things he has heard about future content from D*, he thinks that the Voom content will eventually be sold to D*, not E*.

Anyway, just passing it on.

Hi All,

I just wanted to report my install experience. I live in Sarasota, Fl. and had Voom installed yesterday. Went off without a hitch. New dish, and OTA antenna, 2 room set-up, about 3 hrs. I currently have HD cable, And I am very impressed with the quality of the Voom feed.

I have had Directv for the past 7 years, and this picture is significantly improved.

I use HD Cable for DVR, and now have about 15 additional sources for HD material to view live.

Here's to hoping this continues to be an option for the future.

David

I just celebrated my one year voom anniversary, and I am encouraged to see business as usual with voom. The only odd thing that I have noticed, is that they are still running the "HDECEMBER" snippet during promos on voom. All other signs look good for the near future. Go voom.

I just convinced my colleague to order Voom - we did it online and indeed, business as usual, we have a confirmation date to Feb 19, next Saturday.

PS: The dates were offered at least 'til end of February, as I recall - maybe even further, into March.

hey guys, I dont know if what this means, but you can discuss it if you want, my contact at Directv told me that everything that Voom has, D* will have by year end, now, he might have been talking about movie channels (starz, cinemax) and Tnt, but that is all he said, enjoy! and I hope VOom is around for a while for you guys, if Directv buys the Programming we will be happy to see you all come over!

stuart628 said:
hey guys, I dont know if what this means, but you can discuss it if you want, my contact at Directv told me that everything that Voom has, D* will have by year end, now, he might have been talking about movie channels (starz, cinemax) and Tnt, but that is all he said, enjoy! and I hope VOom is around for a while for you guys, if Directv buys the Programming we will be happy to see you all come over!

Then at the year end (200x?) I will see what they will deliver and will decide what is best for my HDTV experience :)

by the way in no way shape or form am I being a troll, I really do hope voom pulls out of this. If they dont I hope their programming gets bought, from what I understand their is some good stuff to it!

stuart628 said:

Since D* has been saying this for at least the last couple of years and haven't added any HD programming, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

E* is doing the same thing, so its not like D* is alone in making unfulfilled promises.

Fact of the matter is consider a "promise of additional HD programming" after the programming actually begins broadcasting on that system and you've had a chance to evaluate the quality of the signal and how it compares to competitors including cable.

I just signed up for Voom on Sunday. I have a install date of Febuary 21st.
Should I cancel it or go ahead with installation?

David in Tulsa, OK

dcamp31 said:

David in Tulsa, OK
I See no reason to cancel it , just enjoy it.

dcamp31 said:

David in Tulsa, OK

The service is great and if you took the $1 promotion you have nothing to lose. Go for it.

Martin21

stuart628 said:
Is it possible for VOOM to become the INHD of the Satellite providers ("Only on Satellite) or would they have to make their programming available to Cable providers? It should be relatively painless since the sats and uplink facilities are mostly in place.

DirecTV has been telling me for 2 years that they are going to add HD channels and they never do. It's a lot of hooey. Don't fall for it. I gave up on them......I gave up on Time/Warner before that (going back to 1982) The proof is in what's on TODAY. And today VOOM has 40 HD channels. We'll see what happens. From what I hear Verizon may come up with more HD than anyone as they have such a program being tested now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts