Voom being sold?

JasonX

Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Someone told me there was an article in Newsday that Voom is being spun off by the Cable Owner as their own independent company. The article goes on to state because of this Voom will be sold. I did not see the article. Has anyone read it?

Jason,

I do not have a link to it. I read the article and it was just speculation that a high school student can make up for his journal at school. That is, no basis. Anything can happen after spin off, but from my own feeling is that it will not happen and VOOM is here to stay. Only time will tell.

Actually, it's a fairly common assumption by financial analysts that Cablevision is trying to spin Rainbow off into it's own company. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Old news.

Phillip swann predicted it would be sold (hes an idiot). The company is being spun off from cablevision and Dolan Sr taking over. The old man is selling a lot of his cablevision stock. That was announced a month or more ago. The stock holders of cablevision want to limit their exposure to voom losses and keep their stock prices up. Voom needs to get its big channels fast and straighten out its picture quality quick. Personnaly I would wait until Mpeg4 or wm9 had been implemented before spinning it off. But they must be pretty confident in what they are doing. I suppose Swann will use this to support his prediction.

just for S$$Ts and giggles heres another one of the Swanees suggestions:

He thinks people want shorter shows. 15 min Sitcoms & 30 min Dramas. He believes that people are not skipping commercials because they don't want to see them, they are skipping them with Tivo and PVR's to save time in their busy shedules. He thinks the networks should cut sitcoms to 15min. and dramas to 30min then people will watch the commercials.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The DVR owner might be less likely to skip the commercials if he knows his time investment is reduced. It may not be about the commercials; it may be all about time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shorter shows with commercials..lmao

I use my PVR for both, to save time and skip commercials. The plus side of a PVR, I can rewatch a commercial that I like (Victoria's Secret perhaps?).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)