Voom Billing strikes again.

NOHDjunkie

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 20, 2004
Lacombe La
Just got overbilled $171.40 The final straw. Called and cancelled immediately
and got the standard Oh so sorry but we will escalate this and you can expect a check in 4 -6 weeks. You cannot speak to the billing Dept yourself you have to wait 48 to 72 hours for them to contact you..... Not illegal, but pretty dishonest practice if you ask me.

Escalate this! :down

This company cannot continue to operate like this. It's really sad they couldn't have done this whole thing properly (hardware, software, programming & operations) because the idea is a great one.... It's just not implemented properly at all.

Once all these reports started coming out about overbilling and double billing I started watching my account and sure enough they got me.

If you call to (change/drop/add/cancel) your service, you guys better all keep track of your CC accounts and keep an eye out for when they decide they need a little extra cash from you. Expect them to get it screwed up.

I hear ya. My billing has been relatively messed up since the beginning, but I won't get into that. This latest bill the billing system decided to random give me Account Balance Refund to the tune of about $400! But billing people caught it before it could go thru. They still didn't get all the refunds credited out as I now have a $37 negative balance on my Voom account. But this is really starting to scare me. I think I will setup a separate account that Voom can bill to so they don't screw up my regular money account.

Augurr

I have emailed Wilt several times about things and nver get a resolution. I gave up on him.

I think Wilt is pretty darn busy already.

Well the escalation is pure BS. I was overbilled 5 times last week and I was promised an escalation call back within 48 to 72 hours also. I'm still waiting. I have since canceled my credit card and have been refunded the money by my bank. When it comes time for my next bill, Voom can send me a paper bill in the mail. No way am I giving these morons access to a credit card again. Good luck.

Bob

I cancelled Voom and was promised that my refund had already been sent back to my bank and that they were holding it. My bank doesn't do that on deposits. Voom lied to me constantly about the refund. I finally got it a day later than I needed it. I was lectured by their executive office for using a Mastercard check card.

If I see any more charges from Voom I will file a complaint with my bank who will fight Voom, with the BBB, and with the Indiana state Attorney General's office.

Just call your credit card company. They will reverse the unauthorized charges immediately.

ram1220 said:
Well the escalation is pure BS. I was overbilled 5 times last week and I was promised an escalation call back within 48 to 72 hours also. I'm still waiting. I have since canceled my credit card and have been refunded the money by my bank. When it comes time for my next bill, Voom can send me a paper bill in the mail. No way am I giving these morons access to a credit card again. Good luck.

Bob

According to a CSR I spoke with a few days ago, Voom does not send out paper bills in the mail. They require that you have a credit card on file for billing. This makes me nervous too, but apparently there aren't any other options.

keno said:
Just call your credit card company. They will reverse the unauthorized charges immediately.

I wonder if your credit is damaged if you have lots of disputed charges. Sort of like your insurance premiums going up if you have accidents even if you're not at fault.

Ken Thompson said:
According to a CSR I spoke with a few days ago, Voom does not send out paper bills in the mail. They require that you have a credit card on file for billing. This makes me nervous too, but apparently there aren't any other options.

Oh, there's another option : b-bye Voom.

barth2k said:
I wonder if your credit is damaged if you have lots of disputed charges. Sort of like your insurance premiums going up if you have accidents even if you're not at fault.

I believe that on both counts the answer is no.

I too cancelled the card I gave them..........gonna LMAO when they try to get money from from it. hehe

rkr0923 said:
I too cancelled the card I gave them..........gonna LMAO when they try to get money from from it. hehe

I can't believe what people are willing to do to solve relatively simple problems. All my life I have had only two credit cards (which I use extensively). And I have two not one because the one that I use most often in US (Discover) is virtually unknown everywhere else.

i heard about these issues, so i gave them a ghost number
=P

after my 270+ $ credit... ill give em a real number if i wanna stick with voom

i heard about these issues, so i gave them a ghost number
=P

after my 270+ $ credit... ill give em a real number if i wanna stick with voom

andrzej, "I can't believe what people are willing to do to solve relatively simple problems"
I'm not sure what your point is.
But it's not Simple in all cases, take mine for example, I have my mortgage, car insurance, phone bill, well basically every bill I have taken straight out of my checking account, so if VOOM takes out $300.00 to $1000.00...............I'm Screwed!

Not to mention that they keep changing the billing date as well. It started out my being billed on the 1st. I've been billed on the 21st and the 15th.

Then they were supposed to credit my account $75 and instead billed me my regular $96.40 on July30th (which shouldn't have been due till the 21st of august since I was just billed on July 15th) and billed me an additional $75 which was supposed to be a credit. so in total they've billed me $267.80 in July.

And they have the nerve to tell me they are soooo sorry for the mistake but they cant give me back my money for 4 to 6 weeks. If they would have just retracted the charge immediately, and said Opps sorry for the mistake, which they are capable of doing just as easily as they took the money, It wouldn't have been that bad. but the whole "sorry you're gonna have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for a check to be mailed to you" crap is just plain theft.

PS. I told the CSR to immediately turn off my account and to deactivate my STB because I was not paying for another single minute of the service.... he said he was hitting my box right now to deactivate it..... Of course it's still on....

so now I'll probably be billed up until the Un-installer shows up.

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with my bank and the CSR there said that double billing and billing closed accounts are most often Cable & Satellite companies, AOL and car rental agencies. (in her 5 years experience with charge disputes)

All I can say is.... I have never had any problems with billing from Dish Network. And I've had them since they were 6 months old. So there is no "voom growing pains" excuse gonna fly here. Besides CableVision has been around for a long time so their billing "experience" is extensive.

Not that there is a specific company policy to rip people off but, their policy of dragging out the refunds is certainly convenient/lucrative for them....

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and my ass feels a little sore too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts