Martin

Original poster
May 12, 2004
I just saw the following page on the Voom Website:

http://www.voom.com/util/gen_cd.jsp

Quote from the page:
With the VOOM CD-ROM you will:
• Be educated on the technology and benefits of HDTV
• Get a chance every month to win a Samsung 46" DLP HDTV and one year of VOOM programming
• Download the VOOM eBoard Newsletter and receive daily updates from VOOM
• Watch entertaining and informative clips of VOOM original programming
• Receive information about VOOM service and offers​

The thing I am most interested in is what are these daily updates from VOOM? Does anyone at SatelliteGuys already get these?

Just thought it was interesting that you can get daily updates if you request the CD-ROM. Why not just post them to your website.

I ordered the CD-ROM last week for an opportunity to win the 46" Samsung and one year of free programming - hasn't arrived yet. Speaking of a free HDTV and Programming...who in the heck won the Halloween contest? Two of my kids were grounded so I made them enter me in the contest 1000 times. Hmmm. Perhaps VOOM is trying to find someone named Bozo Jerkoffski. :p

I've got it

I've got the CD. I've had it for several months. It's more like a monthly update--haven't noticed any daily updates. Also, FYI: it puts an app in your startup folder (which is annoying to me) that refreshes the content about once a month. The program really isn't helpful --at all-- compared to the content you can already find on this forum. I just installed it to win the TV. If anyone wants a copy of the CD, I can zip it up and post it on an FTP site for d/l. Post a request here if you want me to do it...

Here is what the current "home" screen looks like:

voom.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)