VoOM Channels back via DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnalan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
The DISH installer just left. He took down the VoOM dish and LNB as the LNB is not compatibale with the DISH signal. Different polarity scheme requiring a DISH LNB.

He put in a DISH 500 dual for 110 and 119 and a DISH 500 with only one LNB mounted for 61.5. We ran one new coax for 61.5 and used the two VoOM cables for the 110 / 119 dish. He took my old switch out and connected the 3 coax cables, from the two dishes, to a DISH DP34 switch. Installed two 811 HD receivers and an 510 SD-DVR (free upgrade) and everything is up and running. Yes, it did cost $100 for the second dish. At this point, a small price to pay to have my favorite VoOM channels back.

I had my MONSTERS-HD back on in 2 DAYS, 12 HOURS and 53 MINUTES after VoOM ceased operations. I actually think the picture looks BETTER than it did with VoOM and I was very happy with the VoOM signal. :)

It will take some time to evaluate everything and the OTA HD signals thru the 811, but so far so good!!!

VOOM LIVES! Thank you DISH. VoOMers will probably be refering to the VoOM programming on DISH as VoOM for a long time. And the newbies will be saying "what's voom?".

Maybe we should now call it VoOM 2! ;)

The installer did say that he thought later this year 61.5 would go away and someone would be back out to install a "Super-DISH". So, HD will be moving west...how far and when remains in question, but it will happen. :yes

On the VoOM forum poll, change my vote from 'Going to switch', to 'Switched to DISH'.

I am one happy camper! :D :D :D

Sounds great! But it's all that dish-fiddlin' that's exactly what I want to avoid! I don't want to keep popping holes on my house for more and more dishes, and then replace them later with a Super-Dish.

I will just wait for the Super-Dish, whenever that is.....

I had the additional E* dish pointing to 61.5 installed this morning, and am pleased to say that I too am Vooming again. Got the 10 Voom channels I watched most often.

This whole thing was a major hassle and a big pain in the butt, and it ended up being fairly costly for me, but at least I've got something to watch after a hard day's work.

Like everyone else, I'm concerned about finding out that my E* investment will be useless - or a compromise at best - a year or so down the road. Let's hope that both satellite providers - E* and D* - finally decide to take care of the people (their CUSTOMERS) who put them on the map.

Similar setup to johnalan...

I am having one 942 and two 811s installed next week. I currently have the VOOM dish and two coax running into a multiswitch. Can I assume that I too will be having 1 Dish 500 dual for 110/119, 1 Dish 500 for 61.5 (3 coax cables), and the DP-34 switch installed? Will the DP-34 work with the 942? And yes, I already have extra coax for the dual-tuner 942 in place, which was supposed to be used for the VOOM HD DVR.

Thanks in advance.

riffjim4069 said:
I am having one 942 and two 811s installed next week. I currently have the VOOM dish and two coax running into a multiswitch. Can I assume that I too will be having 1 Dish 500 dual for 110/119, 1 Dish 500 for 61.5 (3 coax cables), and the DP-34 switch installed? Will the DP-34 work with the 942? And yes, I already have extra coax for the dual-tuner 942 in place, which was supposed to be used for the VOOM HD DVR.

Thanks in advance.
If you get a DPP44 switch, you'll only need one coax to each tuner. The DPP separator can split the line into two lines at the 942.

And yes, the DP34 will work, but it will need two lines from the switch to the 942, and one line to each 811.

mdonnelly said:
If you get a DPP44 switch, you'll only need one coax to each tuner. The DPP separator can split the line into two lines at the 942.

And yes, the DP34 will work, but it will need two lines from the switch to the 942, and one line to each 811.
Thanks. I have 2 or 3 coax ran to each location in preparation of the VOOM HD DVR - sounds like the DP34 will work perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)