Voom Channels Comming to Dish?

kcroyaljosh

Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
I was told by a csr at E* that the 20 of the voom channels will be comming to E*by June. He stated that they entered into an agreement to carry those channels.

kcroyaljosh said:
I was told by a csr at E* that the 20 of the voom channels will be comming to E*by June. He stated that they entered into an agreement to carry those channels.

April 1 is gone, at least for this year.

But Charlie better do something! My cable install is set for April 26. If it works out, Charlie is about to lose one more $100+ per. mo. customer. I'm fed up with what's going to happen, in the future. :mad:

There is no such agreement. Ergen has met w/ Dolan several times to work out a deal but no deals have been made outside the satellites/ uplink center. Don't you think an announcement like that would be publicly announced by dish? That would be a huge advantage.

I doubt it would be announced until right before the signal was turned on. Dish is usually very tight lipped about channel additions until they are either airing or their airing is imminent.

Cheers,

nice thought...wish it would happen! Of course, then I assume we all have to get another dish for 61.5 (that doesnt already have one, at least)

and just where will dish find room to show those 20 channels by June?

Even though the new satellite they just bought from CVC will probably go through, it will be way until the end of the year until they can get it working

I am a Voom transplant and have a 4/18 Dish install. I would love the Voom 21 added. And am getting a 61.5 dish installed -more for CBS HD- just in case

I am sure Dish wants Voom gone as a competitor before it would contract for the programming--only good business sense. Thus no announcements until everything is signed sealed and delivered

In addition the Voom Rainbow 1 frequencies and downlink could be leased until the FCC approves the transaction. The downlink facilility and satellite will be free by April 1.

If this does happen the quicker the better to lure Voom customers. Many have already gone to cable

The first poster may be right.
I posted this over on a VOOM forum. And, as I said, I hope I don't get anyone in trouble, but...

I was told by an "Dish-source" (who is also a friend) that "it looks like we are going to be picking up VOOM programming as well."
I don't know if that is just some or what, or if it is certain yet.
Take it for what is it worth. I believe him. Still doesn't mean its a lock, though.

I know this wasn't in the original purchase. This is ongoing developments, but it appears there is action on this. We certainly all would really hope.

Somebody needs to ask Charlie tonight.

Edit - I sent an e-mail from the web site. We'll see if they want to answer the question.

There not going to answer it and Charlie would try to skirt the issue if you got in on the phone line.He would say we can't say anything because were in negotiations with them and until it's signed, sealed and delivered plus dot their i's and cross the t's.They would not announce anything until it is finalized and until right before they turn it on.

Well...that's two different sources. I would not be suprised to see the Charlie chat focus on HD and specifically VOOM programming. I am sure he is prepared for the question or may already be prepared with a response.

A programming agreement with Voom could be turned on tomorrow. Getting them bouncing off a satellite could be next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts