Voom channels in Spanish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
vurbano said:
NO learn to speak english. You live in the United States dont you?

Vurbano,

that's not nice. I think he is talking about International Package like Dish Network and DirecTv carry. I, for example, subscribe to Dos Latino on Dish Network. It carries HBO-Latino (Good selection of international spanish movies), a TV channel from Spain which carries Soccer and other events, A channel from Chile and others. There are international packages available on the other DBS providers. I wish Voom carries something similar and I will subscribe immediately. I used to subscribe to French Tv even though I do not speak french but they had good movies with english subtitles.

vurbano said:
Vurbano I relally don't want to go that route because I would then have to learn all the languages of the American Indian tribes that were here before us.

forget the emotion that goes with this thread, and look at the simple economics of this question, any SAP or any other way to convert language is going to cost money $$$, and I for one am not willing to share this burden, VOOM is currently only avail. in the USA, and our CURRENT language is english !!! Our country has been going down this dangerous road for many years now, just go down to your local dept. of motor vehicles where you can take a driving test in 10 languages, and folks wonder why we have a trillion doller debt. Both sets of my grandparents immigrated from non english speaking contries. We were never allowed to speak anything other than english in there houses to help them.
but in sumation here, I beleive that sould be a seperate peice of hardware that only is solely paid for by the folks who need it,
On the other side of the coin Closed caption should be paid for by all for the handicapped. It can even help you learn english. just ask my maid now that there is no more telemundo on my HDTV,

MR. C

just my 2 cents for a cranky monday.

Voom is to small right now to be thinking of this... I would think adding more HD channels as networks provide them would be a priority, then other channels like USA, SCi-FI, and HGTV which have been requested by some would fall in second, then you have other requests like PPV and NFL Sunday Ticket and you have plenty of things on Voom's plate right now. It's all demand though, if suddenly Voom realized that 98% were latin-americans wanting more Spanish stuff in HD they'd move in that direction (2% held by people like Vurbano who are total ... bah, don't even want to start a flame war)

I agree on forgetting the emotion. Whether you agree or not, like it or not, think it's good or not........ Guys census data and all US Fed department stats show that the largest growing market in the US is Spanish speaking. Direct TV rules south of the Equator. Everybody and their mom has Direct TV south of the border because many Latin American markets do not have the infrastructure for cable. Really so you think that he Dolans and Voom would have another language just to be nice!!!! They are business people!!! AKA Global economy.

vurbano said:

I think you meant:

No, learn to speak English. You live in the United States.

He seems to have better grammar than you do at least, the way you wrote that makes it seem you don't want him to learn English.

Besides, how do you even know if he knows it or not?

C'mon play nice. ;)

HDFreud said:
Everybody and their mom has Direct TV south of the border because many Latin American markets do not have the infrastructure for cable. Really so you think that he Dolans and Voom would have another language just to be nice!!!! They are business people!!! AKA Global economy.

I am sure without even checking that DirectTV became a major player in the States before capitalizing the Latin American countries, I'm sure the original poster gets OTA spanish channels, but he was referring to HDTV in spanish, which as you already mention market stats would surely rule that. I thought I read that even in the states, the minority group with the biggest spending power was Latin Americans.

any SAP or any other way to convert language is going to cost money $$$

It isn't going to cost that much. The STB already has a Spanish language option. Many of the movies on HD Cinema 10 already have a 2nd Spanish audio available, it's just VOOM hasn't turned the SAP option on yet. In time it will be available.

BTW The US has no Official Language, English has never been set into law as the 'Language Of The Land'

Is There A Translation Copy Next To The Declaration Of Independence In Washington? AND YOU ARE TECH. CORRECT ENGLISH IS NOT THE "OFFICIAL "LANGUAGE yet.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE ENGLISH THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

MORE INFO HERE

IM NOT A NAZI, BUT IM FEDUP WITH PAYING FOR IMMAGRANTS, i THINK MY BLOOD THAT WAS SHED IN DESERT STORM, GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO HAVE A STRONG OPINION OF THIS SUBJECT. WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO COME TO OUR SHORES TILL THEY LEARN OUR LANGUAGE "AMERICAN ENGLISH". AND IM ALL FOR A WALL BETWEEN US AND MEXICO. TO STOP THE HEMMORGING OF OUR ECONOMY.

mr.c

I think you may be an ignorant bafoon, there are abusers of the American economic system in every racial/ethnic group. There are so many illegals that are in this country and PAY TAXES without a green card. You need some education my friend. Do you think that every Cuban/Mexican/LAtino that lands on these shores is on welfare/medicare needs your help?

What about the endless lines of people AT the Welfare offices, do you stop by and see who goes there? Do you think it's only minorities? Are you an ignorant butt cream or what? Do you know why Bush wants to allow more minorities to stay in the US? So that they can help CONTINUE to increase the consumer spending index, as well as cheaper labor that most Americans refuse to do.

Just so that you know, the whole point of freedom, was to be able to be who you are without the fear of oppression because of your race, religion, age, whatever. I'm glad you pricked your finger on a cactus in Kuwait to learn nothing about life, people, freedom, and the like.

Dvlos said:
I think you may be an ignorant bafoon, there are abusers of the American economic system in every racial/ethnic group. There are so many illegals that are in this country and PAY TAXES without a green card. You need some education my friend. Do you think that every Cuban/Mexican/LAtino that lands on these shores is on welfare/medicare needs your help?

What about the endless lines of people AT the Welfare offices, do you stop by and see who goes there? Do you think it's only minorities? Are you an ignorant butt cream or what? Do you know why Bush wants to allow more minorities to stay in the US? So that they can help CONTINUE to increase the consumer spending index, as well as cheaper labor that most Americans refuse to do.

Just so that you know, the whole point of freedom, was to be able to be who you are without the fear of oppression because of your race, religion, age, whatever. I'm glad you pricked your finger on a cactus in Kuwait to learn nothing about life, people, freedom, and the like.

the great thing about the USA is u can have a opinion, even if you are a "Bafoon" and you have lost the point completely, I agree with allowing qualified folks into the USA, but i will no loger pay for it, as far as welfare, check again the majority are from latin america, no one is oppresing anyone .
English speaking latins, germanns, martians, whoever should be allowed to come when they learn english.

and as far as my pricked finger, 3 bullets in the chest. I was there to help the kuwati royal family escape, and have been back to visit them, and yes i have spent time to learn arabic, because i was on there soil.and to clarify both parties support open borders. and as far as a illegals contributing to our economy, they drain it more than contribute to it. tHEY NEED TO INVEST THE TIME TO BE LEGAL AND LEARN ENGLISH OR BE DEPORTED thats the law.

mr.c

wasch_24 said:
Watch yourselves...off topic and inflamatory posts have been deleted. Use PM's if you want to continue your discussion.

Sorry if I have been to abrasive on this subject,
but it is simple economics i think more of us Voom subscribers would like to see more HD, sci-fi,hgtv,food network and more programming than SAP
mr.c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts