VOOM charged me for "waived" installation fee.

cmercer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
:( VOOM told me they would waive the installation fee for my second receiver since that was the only thing that was keeping me from cancelling the other satellite service. I had them install it and cancelled my other service. VOOM charged me $200 for the installation and put it on my credit card. I called to get this charge reversed.

I was told by a customer rep that they would turn it over to the escalation department and they would reverse the charges withing 24 hours and e-mail me as to the fact hey did this. I called back three days later and they told me that the person should have never told me this because it takes 72 hours to get a response from the escalation department. Now it has been over a week and nothing is being done. The person I talked to the second time says that all they do is turn it over to them and no one will ever hear from them until they are ready and no one can contact them. He was sure they were "reviewing" the charge. He read me the notes on my acount and read right from them that I was promised the waive of the installation fee. I'm beginning to think that that line will go away and they will remember nothing about it.

I definitely got the feeling from this person that he might as well have sarcastically said "Good Luck!" I don't think I will ever see this fee reversed unless I contest it through the credit card company. I owe them the monthly fee but feel I will never get this resolved without contesting the fee and having my service cut off.

Can anybody help me get around the firewall that they have set up between the people that handle these situations and the customer.

rkr0923 said:
There is none........it's all a lie

new_cheese2.jpg

cmercer,

understand that this is a big problem with CSRs. You really never know whether the information is good or bad. Send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net so that it can be taken care of. Keep us posted.

Ahhh... the ol' escalation department. Short for sh*t can the request and Voom keeps the money.

Sean Mota said:
cmercer,

understand that this is a big problem with CSRs. You really never know whether the information is good or bad. Send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net so that it can be taken care of. Keep us posted.

Thank you. I sent the e-mail.

Even worse

I have not heard from Wilt. On 8-4 a supervisor read the notes on my account and said that on 6-25 I was promised a free installation of a second receiver. He read this from the notes on my account. Today they tell me that the escalation department said that there was no such note on my account and that I was not promised a free installation. This information was apparently deleted from their notes on my account. The supervisor read this note to me without me even knowing the exact date of the promise. I did not prompt him, he read it. I was promised phone calls and retured e-mails. None came. They turned down my request for the charges to be reversed without even notifying me. It was over and they kept that from me. Right now I was promised that they would send it to escalation again and I would be notified by Wednesday of next week of the outcome.

What bothers me the most is that my notes have appartently been altered and the promise removed. This is deliberate. I don't expect a favorable outcome or even notification. Although it is often said that customer reps are not accurate, You cannot get past them and that is where it will end.

Voom Problems

I also had problems getting Voom installed. I was told that they would install the system (2 room install) on a Monday, they never showed or called. After I called them back and talked to Voom, and the installer @ Installs Inc (Which was a Satellite retailer about 100 miles away) and was told by a lady that it would be Tuesday. Nothing Tuesday. I called back and was told my equipment was sent to the wrong place, but should be installed Wednesday. Nope still no install or a call to set up another appointment. Was told it could be Friday, and they might even install it on Saturday if they could do it Friday. Well no install and no call. The following Monday the installer showed up, didn't call 1st. Glad I was home.
When the installer showed he had 2 receivers, one remote, no welcome packs, no antenna pack (can't rem what it is called) that goes in the back of the receivers, and an Off Air HD antenna. He couldn't get the HD antenna to work. Cut my scanner antenna wire. Ended up using the wires from my Sony DTV receiver. The guy nice, but could tell he didn't want to be there.
After he got the receiver installed the called to activate it, and told them to send me the antenna pack, remote and welcome pack. Well a week later and still haven't received the stuff (No hollering , cussing ect.. I was being very nice considering the run around) I finally found out that because of the antenna module, the installer had to do it. I talked to the original installer and he told me that he isn't going to install Voom any more. Ok, great, 2 receivers and 1 remote. Well the calling started. I was told that all was sent to orginal installer and he would sent it to me. Well to put an end to the story, the installer sent me 1 antenna module, and nothing else, and after logging in over 30 hours in phone time (no joke 30 hours) I got several months free, and 3 welcome packs and 2 extra remotes (4 in all). Bottom line is be persistent it pays off with these guys. Also I am VERY happy with Voom! Now! <GRIN>

Rat`

factrat and cmercer,
what happened to you is obviously unacceptable. I hope that Voom people are reading these posts and somebody in their HQ is at least working on some plan to make it better. The "Wilt track" is not a solution in a long run. In fact, it is rather embarrassing that Voom's executive vice-president of engineering and technology needs to be involved in such mundane problem solving. :eek:

andrzej said:
factrat and cmercer,
what happened to you is obviously unacceptable. I hope that Voom people are reading these posts and somebody in their HQ is at least working on some plan to make it better. The "Wilt track" is not a solution in a long run. In fact, it is rather embarrassing that Voom's executive vice-president of engineering and technology needs to be involved in such mundane problem solving. :eek:

What does Voom have to be worried about? Do you think Voom's computer notes will ever be made public to show they removed the promise? Good luck! And as I have said before, the so called escalation department is short for "Customer please stick it up your ass and leave us alone, because this is the last you will hear from us on a resolution to your problem." Then again you can always crack the Wilt.. er I mean whip and see what happens. :eek:

You are absolutely right. I was charged 5 times for service in July. I was promised a call back from the escalation dept. It's now 4 weeks later and I still don't have a call back. The only way I got my money back was to cancel my credit card and dispute the charges. An email to Wilt did no good. And to those of you that have read this before and are sick of it, tough! When and if Voom ever calls me back, I'll shut up. Theiving, lying bastards is what they are.

Promised day

I was told that even though I was promised the fee would be waived, the person who promised it was in error and the charge would not be reversed. The person made a mistake. This mistake cost me over $200 but that was because an employee was in error.

Wilt will not answer.

What can I do?

I had already made the decision not to install the second receiver unless the fee was waived and now I have been cheated out of my money.

How can a company that lies to get $200 stay in business.

No one can ever get by the level of the people on the phone. Decisions are made above them to keep people's money by fraud.

I have learned a costly lesson and will now unless I here from someone soon I will cancel and have to pay a reconnect fee elsewhere.

Did they charge your CC? Call and dispute it. Also I think I saw Free installation and no contract for Dish some where today , I know where I saw it it was in a warehouse store, BJ's its like Sam's club. I know D has free installation and 4 free months if you sing up. If you were a costumer at one time just tell them you are thinking about coming back if they wave the reactivation fee. Good luck

It seems like voom is screwing everyone left and right. The stock response is email Wilt, basically fly a kite and hope for a miracle.

I know how voom or doom as I'm gonna call them now is going to screw us come Jan 1.

If you are a current customer they'll cut you a 'deal', sign a 1 year contract with them or be forced to pay the new higher prices. That way they can continute to string you along with the alleged DVR carrot while paying $110 a month.

Then the biggest kick in the ass will be the DVR will cost double of what others charge. Figure 10-20 bucks, plus a new charge of $5 per month to download the PG which we are getting for 'free' now! You'll be locked in with cable bills of 150 bucks a month no doubt. Get out while you can.

Why does Wilt answer some people and not others?

Wilt did not reply. I will dispute the charge. I am extremely disappointed in a TV service that I thought was just what I wanted.

I read the complaints in this forum with a grain of salt. Now I have eaten the whole canister.

A reply from Wilt

I received a reply from Wilt. He said he would look into it ASAP.

I hope for a speedy resolution and not just false hopes. I do not want to change services again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)