VOOM Demise--Gutting of American Television!

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I don't know where VOOM 21 will end up, but wonder if it can legally be sold to Canadian Star Choice?

Investigating that option--I see that their DSR500 HD receiver looks identical to VOOM receiver (both Motorola).

Also, they have various packages that can be ordered, a seemingly flexible, if not infantile however, choice of HD channels.

AND the HDD-200 that can be used for the C-band (USA) 4dtv HD reception can ALSO be used for the StarChoice HD reception using their SD receiver!

Now, then, it would seem that VOOM 21 could very easily be shifted to use by Canadian StarChoice--using the same technology and possible recycling of VOOM machines (changing software and firmware possibly).

IF this ever becomes the case, then, we as Americans have shut our doors on one of the most promising HD revolutions to hit our American /Shores. By Americans, I mean, primarily, our corporate America and American government--not WE the PEOPLE.

Why did this have to happen? This is not just a loss of programming, again, it is the gutting of American television--in its infancy--it is a late-term abortion of sorts.

Canadians have a different form of government than we, but how is it they have more choice as regards digital satellite? They have 2 that I see--ExpressVue and StarChoice and both seem superior to either of our D*'s--they don't have several of our American basic SD's, but they have some of them.

IF they pick up VOOM 21 in any form, I think there should be a monumentous outcry from somewhere.

Also, as most of you VOOMERS look for other providers in a deliberate and thorough mode, you will have to conclude that either of the Canadian choices is superior to either of the D*'s, but if you have a Cable option, which many of us don't have, that may not be the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)