Voom drops improper state sales tax!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
the following says it all, this is about 5 dollars cheaper than my previous bill:
Its nice to see them developing into a responsible company. Thanks VOOM!!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="4">Fees And Taxes</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td nowrap="nowrap">10/02/04</td> <td>FRANCH FEE EQUIP/SMT/REM</td> <td align="right">$0.95</td> </tr> <tr class="billImage"> <td colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap">Total New Charges (including taxes)</td> <td align="right">$104.85</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3"><hr color="black" noshade="noshade" size="1"></td><td>
</td></tr> <tr class="billImage"> <td colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap">Total New Balance</td> <td align="right">$104.85</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td height="30">
</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr> <tr><td height="30">
</td></tr> <tr><td>Auto-pay</td></tr> <tr><td height="30">
</td></tr> <tr><td><n>VOOM has reviewed its tax billing and we have adjusted taxes on this statement. Your next statement may include a tax adjustment for prior billing.</n></td></tr> <tr><td height="30">
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

developing into a responsible company

vurbano said:
VOOM has reviewed its tax billing and we have adjusted taxes on this statement. Your next statement may include a tax adjustment for prior billing.
Excellent News Vurbano
I hope this is everywhere and not just Virginia

wase4711 said:
Who says the folks from Voom do not monitor this forum!!!
They do, but this probably had more to do with reports made to the Commonwealth's Office of the Attorney General, Department of Taxation, and calls into Cablevision's Corporate Office.

Complaining on this forum will only get you so far, whereas filing a complaint with the Commonwealth/State Attorney General will get you much farther, much faster!

Thanks to all who took action to resolve this dispute.

I know I complained a lot about it. It really wasnt an issue of the 5 bucks or so, but the fact that they werent "ready" to do business properly. It was a bit of an embarrassment and just another thing for the D* people to criticise. Im pleased that the statement even says that they are going to refund past monies that were collected improperly on the next bill. Hopefully they will get things in order in every state.

vurbano:
Did you actually called VOOM to complain or they just figured out the mistake by themselves? Either way is good to hear that they are fixing the tax billing mess.

someone on the forum from my state wrote a letter to the attorney general. They contacted Voom I believe. I would expect all in VA to get relief now. My host of complaints to CSR's didnt work.

Behold this email response I got today. I addressed this back on 8/25/04 and it took this long! I actually forgot all about it. But now I'm good to go here in Alabama.

Response (David H.) - 10/04/2004 04:22 PM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I apologize that this response took so long. I do have good news "VOOM has reviewed its tax billing and we have adjusted taxes on your coming statement. Your next statement may include a tax adjustment for prior billing." Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
If you have any further questions you can contact us by chat, phone or email.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in HDTV!
David H.
VOOM Email Support

My billing just got fixed (California). I also was promised credit for all previous months in next month's bill.

:)

Still getting taxed here in N.J. for bill 9/22-10/21, I had called csr awhile ago and they said the other companies such as D* etc. had it included in there total price and V* shows it separate. I knew that was a bs because it shouldn't be in the bill at all, shown or not.
I still have hope for my next bill.

riffjim4069 said:
They do, but this probably had more to do with reports made to the Commonwealth's Office of the Attorney General, Department of Taxation, and calls into Cablevision's Corporate Office.

Complaining on this forum will only get you so far, whereas filing a complaint with the Commonwealth/State Attorney General will get you much farther, much faster!

Thanks to all who took action to resolve this dispute.

Damn! I'm the one who wrote the VA Attorney General. The state tax was on my last bill, just my luck. To all in VA: Vote Jerry Kilgore when he runs for Governor. His office did a good job for us. Now a public thank you to Ms. Flora the attorney who I was corresponding with.

Regards.......

OB

p.s. Ya'll are more than welcome to send me $1.00! I take paypal....just kidding!

vurbano said:
someone on the forum from my state wrote a letter to the attorney general. They contacted Voom I believe. I would expect all in VA to get relief now. My host of complaints to CSR's didnt work.

wow, great news, i mean i know its $5, but im in VA :)

no tax for all

does this mean they are going to stop taxing for everyone or the ones that complain

trey0522 said:
does this mean they are going to stop taxing for everyone or the ones that complain

thats an interesting question, as I said above I'm in VA... And the TAX is still present in my septemmber-October statement...

I haven't called and complained directly, so they "might" be only doing it for people that contacts them with a complaint.

My current bill here in California reads as follows:

September 27-Oct. 26 $6.93 Sales Tax

Guess I'll have to write to "The Terminator" about this.I had written notes to them previously via email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts