Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here you go folks, here is the spec sheet that was being handed out at CES by VOOM.

I am starting to work on the VOOM DVR DEMO Video now, so I hope to have that up later today or tommorow the latest. :D

Attachments

• voom-580-1.jpg
    voom-580-1.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 2,098
  • voom-580-2.jpg
    voom-580-2.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 1,976
Great! Thanks for posting, Scott! Looking forward to your video!

If anyone is having trouble viewing it, or it looks like crap, right click on it and save it as a bmp file. You can use Microsoft Paint to open it.

Here is a PDF version of this brochure that I've just got from VOOM. Though this one is a bit outdated as it says 160GB, while the CES announcement states 250GB.

Attachments

• 519347-001-a.pdf
    102.1 KB · Views: 826
GadgetRick said:
The pdf doesn't seem to be coming through.
Works fine for me. Anyone else having problems?
Try this one. It's the same pdf file, but uploaded to the web site.

Just zoom in on the picture after you click on the pages. So when is Voom going to release it to the public?? I have read there is a few software bugs.

jimmykce1 said:
So when is Voom going to release it to the public?? I have read there is a few software bugs.
I guess it will depend on how quickly the bugs are fixed, but at CES they clearly stated March 2005. See other threads for details.

In the brochure it says it is upgradable to MPEG4 via a modular unit. Is this the unit that you can see attached to the back of the demo unit.

I am aware that it is first a diplexlor, but is it also the MPEG 4 module?

Hows that video coming? Id love to see what you got from them vs what I got.

Got a few friends I'm trying to convert to voOm too ;)

And the old video is pretty outdated now.

yanks2402 said:
I am aware that it is first a diplexlor, but is it also the MPEG 4 module?

I believe the the MPEG 4 module is on the side of the stb just like the current stb. Don't take my word for it. I am just assuming that's the way it is.

Ilya said:
I guess it will depend on how quickly the bugs are fixed, but at CES they clearly stated March 2005. See other threads for details.

I was hoping sooner, but I can wait. Oh, thanks for the information Scott.

riffjim4069 said:
Did anyone noticed the document is dated 2 September 2004.

I don't see what you are talking about. If you look at the disclosers at the bottom of the second page is says (c)Copyright 2005 Rainbow DBS.

Am I missing what you are seeing? :confused:

Yeah, what's he talking 'bout
It says 010405 which would mean Jan, 4, 2005, but nowhere does it say Sept...

As I said, that's is an older document. That's why it mentions 160GB hard drive, not the latest 250GB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)