voom dvr price

Pricing

I would think they will charge 399.00-499.00 dollars and maybe 15 dollars a month to rent it i could be wrong with these because i am guessing. :D

SonicRob said:
I would think they will charge 399.00-499.00 dollars and maybe 15 dollars a month to rent it i could be wrong with these because i am guessing. :D
Considering what D* charges for their HD-DVR i would guess closer to $999 to buy.

zombie said:
Considering what D* charges for their HD-DVR i would guess closer to $999 to buy.

And don't they also charge $4.99/month for DVR service?

In comparison Dish Network sells the 921 for a lot less than that ($549?, slightly less through some other outlets), and I believe they are apparently going to charge an up-front $250 plus rental costs for the upcoming 942. I'm unsure about a retail price for the 942 but it is rumored to be about $600 (not sure about a monthly service fee).

In case folks here in the Voom forum have missed it, 942s will soon be released in very limited numbers: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57206

As many other folks point out a lot of cable providers are offering HD-DVRs for more like $10/month (without an upfront fee for installation in many cases). I don't think there are any "purchase" options with cable DVRs, but that will be changing when TiVo releases their announced cable-card compatible HD devices.

With such a wide price range in the market-place I would think pretty tough to guestimate Voom's pricing structure.

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)