Voom forum now an E* and D* dealer fishing pond

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
The number of dealers , installers trolling in here lately has made me realize what this is Voom forum is turning into. I for one dont need these guys trashing Voom (dragon) or coming in here saying the most ridiculous of lies (i.e D* aquiring the Voom21). And now even the ads are targeted at us.:rolleyes:

Sorry guys, with VOOM no longer being a sponsor of the site we need to pick up the slack a little, and there is no better way of doing it then by doing it with two of already existing sponsors ValueElectronics.COM and DishStore.NET (I should note both of them were VOOM dealers as well)

Both of these companies have the highest customer satisfaction and some of the best prices and both also make special deals for SatelliteGuys members to help save them money. :)

I should note that the only two companies allowed to advertise here are ValueElectronics and DishStore. If you see anyone else doing it please let one of us know and we will take care of it.

Thanks DishStore and Valueelectronics for helping us keep the lights on at SatelliteGuys.US :D

Considering Voom is dead, I don't see the problem with dealers trying to grab new customers. As long as they're honest about what they can offer, I'm willing to listen. So far none of them have offered anything close to what cable can provide me, but i'm open to hearing what they have to offer as long as they're not annoying and dishonest about it.

I have no problem seeing E* or D* advertising here. It is fair game now.

These are good guys and have been here for the long haul

I see no problem with the ads. Satguys needs the ad revinue, but I don't think the forums are the appropriate place for dealers to spead rumors, create lies, and troll around in an atempt to gain VOOM subs.

VOOM subs also aren't stupid. Most have had the other providers and know exactly what they offer. The current poll http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=62319 shows that a huge majority aren't going to go to D* or E* for service. This poll is a really good sampling of VOOM subscribers and can be extrapolated for all subs as a whole.

Assuming there were 46,600 subs on April 1st and 75% had VOOM as their only provider 34,950 the poll shows what there should on May 1st:

DirecTV receives 6,291 subs
DishNet receives 7,340 subs
Cable receives 13,281 subs
OTA receives 5,592 viewers
Other receives 2,796 viewers (includes no TV, DVD, VHS with no other service)

62% will not be going to either E* or D*. Makes you wonder why there is now a big effort to get a measily 38% or 19% for D* and E* each :rolleyes:

Scott????????

Dish or Direct? whats your opinion,Who is better or will be better?

I think all of us missed Scott's point in the post above. What he is asking is report any dealers who start trolling the forums for potential customers. The only dealers allowed to solicit business here on SatGuys are the dealers who are paying for advertising and placing banner adds. Non paying dealers are not allowed so if you see this occurring report the thread to Scott.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)