VOOM gone OTA here

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well our VOOM started to act up at 12:45 am EST and was totally gone by 4:30 AM,it is now 6:40 am and the OTA works fine though I am using the D* HD reciever.Be intewresting to see when it finally goes off.Hope VOOM gets in touch soon about the STB if it doesn't work or we don't use it it's too the dump,hate clutter.

If you have an antenna that is not powered by the STB, you can unplug the satellite cable and you still get OTA. I just did that. However, if your OTA needs power, you need to buy a power supply based on the specifications of your antenna.

Still getting OTA here in Cleveland. I haven't done anything (unhooked, hooked, etc.) , just turned it on.

Cool.. Adelphia is here May 3 to install the HD-DVR, etc.

Still got OTA here too.....

I had guide data all the way up through Tuesday morning at 10:30AM CDST, but my power went out for a split second and now I've got nothing. I wish PSIP was enabled. Anybody got a hint on something that could be done to switch this function on?

lilyarbie said:
I had guide data all the way up through Tuesday morning at 10:30AM CDST, but my power went out for a split second and now I've got nothing. I wish PSIP was enabled. Anybody got a hint on something that could be done to switch this function on?

You can re-scan the channels with OTA scan function, can't you?

yes, I can re-scan.......

I can re-scan on the box, the only thing is that I had 48hours of guide data on my receiver and then when my power went off for a split second, it had to reboot and it had lost all of the guide data in memory.

Sean Mota said:
If you have an antenna that is not powered by the STB, you can unplug the satellite cable and you still get OTA. I just did that. However, if your OTA needs power, you need to buy a power supply based on the specifications of your antenna.

I have a short wing antenna installed with Voom. Voom stb used be able to pick up all OTA in Chicago. 811 can only pickup half of them. What kind of power supply would work with a wing antenna like that?

Thank you very much

I do not know the specifications of that antenna. Do a google and see what type of power supply you will need. Others here may tell you also since I know some have done this.

Sean Mota said:
I do not know the specifications of that antenna. Do a google and see what type of power supply you will need. Others here may tell you also since I know some have done this.

Thanks, I will try google. I wish I recorded the name when it was installed. It looks like helicopter blade. Does any one have antenna like that?

Thanks., Alex

dishguy said:
Thanks, I will try google. I wish I recorded the name when it was installed. It looks like helicopter blade. Does any one have antenna like that?

Thanks., Alex
Mine looks like a stealth bomber with the blades angled like a V. It's a Channelmaster Stealth antenna. Not sure if yours is the same. I actually asked Voom (Wilt H) to send me a power injector for it a while back so I wouldn't need to rely on the STB to power it.

Here's a link to a picture: www.starkelectronic.com/stealth.htm

dishguy said:

Thanks., Alex

It sounds like the Winegard Stealth II - Google it, and you'll find an image.
It's what I have, but I'm assuming I have the "unamplified" version that relies on the Voom STB for power

Dano said:
It sounds like the Winegard Stealth II - Google it, and you'll find an image.
It's what I have, but I'm assuming I have the "unamplified" version that relies on the Voom STB for power

Exactly it relies on Voom STB for power. So I need a power unit for it.

FYI, if you reboot your receiver, not only do you lose the program guide for the locals but you also lose the Super DMA mappings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts