VOOM has signed up 22,000 subs and its averaging 400 per day since middle of 4/04

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This numbers were posted at this site: Here

I was directed to this site to look up these numbers in confidence. The Anonymous post is real.

by Anonymous on Jun 08, 2004 - 04:49 PM

"voom has signed up over 22,000 new subscribers since the middle of april. they average over 400 per day when the advertising campaigns are in full swing. and that is just one office i am unaware of the other office in spokane "

yes but do we have a number as of the middle of april? I sure hope they are going to start replacing dishes soon for the october leases

vurbano said:
yes but do we have a number as of the middle of april? I sure hope they are going to start replacing dishes soon for the october leases

Don't know the numbers of middle of april except for the $8,000 + $3500

so we have 30,000 subs for sure, I would hesitate adding in the 3500. I would suggest making the zero install a permanent thing. Even with it we are only getting 12,000 subs a month at 400 a day.

vurbano said:
so we have 30,000 subs for sure, I would hesitate adding in the 3500. I would suggest making the zero install a permanent thing. Even with it we are only getting 12,000 subs a month at 400 a day.

The 400 per day is just one location. There are two locations that I know of.

uprez.com said:
I would point out another story on Uprez.com that talks about "1 out of 5" subscribers cancelling their sub. Specifically:

Sorry if this has already been discussed here.

Steve Odom
http://www.uprez.com
very old news, and based on numbers before the addition of espnhd. I wonder how you get data like that when we cant even get a total? I really find it amazing how these articles run months and months behind. I am not sure what the churn rate is now. But it would be intersting to find out.

So, I suppose to believe what an anonymous says a forum? How can anybody take that for a fact? It is ridiculous.

Conjuror said:
So, I suppose to believe what an anonymous says a forum? How can anybody take that for a fact? It is ridiculous.

It is more than just an anonymous, I got this link from a good source. So it is not just based on anonymous posting.

Conjuror said:
I take Sean's word for it. These moderators have beta software, talk to execs, know their user names, and know who knows the numbers and who doesnt.

I guess the source (which might be very reliable and at the core of things) prefers to stay anonymous. Quite possible.

C’mon guys it is just a discussion board. You cannot take anything for a fact from any forum.
To me, numbers really don't matter right now. They will come up with quality, good customer service, and aggressive advertising.

Seanb61 said:
That article is dated May 17th, two days after the Q1 CVC earnings release. the churn rate is based on what they saw in Q1, not what is currently going on.
I agree. It was based on very buggy software and a very small group of subs and a limited amount of channels. The sub rate has really increased it seems since the zero down/espnhd days. The churn rate has to have gotten smaller. I would guess its closer to 1 out of 10 or more by now.

vurbano said:
I agree. It was based on very buggy software and a very small group of subs and a limited amount of channels. The sub rate has really increased it seems since the zero down/espnhd days. The churn rate has to have gotten smaller. I would guess its closer to 1 out of 10 or more by now.

Agree with me or not, its a FACT that those are old numbers and we don't have any FACTS on what the current churn is. CVC will release earnings on or about Aug. 5th...Then we will know for sure. Lets not speculate

PS - Vurbano this is not meant for you just using your post to make a point...

Seanb61 said:
Agree with me or not, its a FACT that those are old numbers and we don't have any FACTS on what the current churn is. CVC will release earnings on or about Aug. 5th...Then we will know for sure. Lets not speculate

PS - Vurbano this is not meant for you just using your post to make a point...
no prob, i still agree. with a much greater number of subs I expect a change in the churn rate. If it is still 1 out of 5 voom has a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts