Voom HD and dish 6000 problems...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I got my Voom package today and realized that some channels have the picture distorted when the receiver is set at 720P. Changing to 1080I the picture was back to normal. My projector is native 720P and the PQ is a little better when the 6000 is at 720P as well.

Anybody can confirm this?

Thanks

Well, let me tell you that my TWCNYC SA8001 HD-DVR does the same. As I set it to 1080i, picture was immediately magnitude better.

Why would anyone want their output video source to be 720p instead of 1080i anyways?? The only reason I can think of is their TV/Projector is not capable of handling a 1080i resolution. Would someone please enlighten me on this.

Thanks

The scalling equipment is always better in the TVs/projectors. So that's why you should leave the dish hd receivers in 1080i. you only need to be on 720p if you're watching ABC/FOX/ESPN

For some reason when I output 1080i to my benq 8700+ the graphics "vibrate". I am running through the vga connector to the HD-RGB input on the benq. At 720p, i dont get the problem. Anyone think of a solution? I might break down and buy a long component cable and try that...

ToUgHsPot said:
Why would anyone want their output video source to be 720p instead of 1080i anyways?? The only reason I can think of is their TV/Projector is not capable of handling a 1080i resolution. Would someone please enlighten me on this.

Thanks

You'd like to try and match your output to your TVs input. Plus, the different scanning helps make some programming look better. I can't recall which is which but one is better for fast action like sports and the other one for movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)