Voom: Hd "OTA" Vs " Hd Content:" OPION

kelljc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
Every one should ask 1 question it seems to me:, Why would I move to VOOM, :
IF YOU CAN ANSWER 3 OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AS YES: AND YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE:

1. We've read many post's regarding SD content they don't have?
2. We"ve read many post's of what Echostar and DTV has?
3. We've also Read many post's of why they haven't added the 3 or 4 other "HD" service's now on.
4. but very FEW POST of Why Echostar and DTV has not added, just half of the main line "HD" services now up. We've heard NEXT YR, or 5 YEARS, But Voom has them "NOW", and no Echostar and DTV does not have "HD" locals,unless you live in "NY and CAl. " so any new Sub, Think before saying no to "VOOM", the only real question will they be there in "MAY"??.
5. MANY EXCELLENT POST'S ARE COVERED ALMOST AS FAST AS THEY ARE POSTED BY THOSE WHO WHIS TO HIDE ALL OF THE FACT'S, YOUR GUESS ON WHY.

FYI!!!

If you are looking for a good HDTV, the new JVC HD-ILA is probably the best T.V. on the market right now. It works off DLP type technology but with some major changes.

First of all, instead of 1 color chip, or a color wheel, it has 3 separate color chips, one for each red, blue and green so it writes the color faster. In addition to that it also has a 75mhz processor built into the board that aids in focusing the picture for high speed, or high motion shots. For example, if you are watching a NASCAR race on a normal DLP or any other kind of T.V., when the cars come around the turn all you see is a blur. With this processor writing the picture faster you see more of the cars.
The ILA also uses a single light source reflected through a prism, instead of multiple light sources reflected off a mirror. This reduces the pixel spacing, or "screen door effect".
They come in 2 sizes, 52", and 61". They weigh less than 100lbs and produce very little heat.

The other thing that is nice about this T.V. is that it has a user replacable lamp, so in 10 years if the lamp goes bad, it will cost you around $200 to buy a new lamp, remove the 4 screws that hold it in place, put in the new lamp and put it back together. Downtime is about 15 minutes.

Also they have what is called Digital Image Scaling Technology(D.I.S.T.) which writes the picture at 770 lines of resolution instead of 480.

If you are looking for a T.V. that will give you the best quality picture for HD,
or SD for that matter check these out. All of the newer JVC products come with these features, including thier LCD and Plasma sets.

What??

Kelljc:
Your post probably contains something worth reading but your strange use of punctuation, spelling, and grammar make it very difficult to understand. Are you really an adult as you have stated before? The grammar and punctuation appear to be way below high school level. Also, your message purports to be an opinion so maybe it should not be in the "news and developments" section.

jnardone said:
Kelljc:
Your post probably contains something worth reading but your strange use of punctuation, spelling, and grammar make it very difficult to understand. Are you really an adult as you have stated before? The grammar and punctuation appear to be way below high school level. Also, your message purports to be an opinion so maybe it should not be in the "news and developments" section.

I agree. I stopped reading it.

"no Echostar and DTV does not have "HD" locals,unless you live in "NY and CAl".

WRONG!
very misleading info

DarrellP said:
I have no idea WTF he is trying to say. And WTF is AxE saying? Who cares?
I'm trying to say, Echostar and DTV or Cable do not offer what Voom has NOW:and that's the plain and simple FACT ::::Sorry for the Bad Gammer, but FACTS ARE FACTS. thank you very much:

AxE said:
FYI!!!

If you are looking for a good HDTV, the new JVC HD-ILA is probably the best T.V. on the market right now. It works off DLP type technology but with some major changes.

First of all, instead of 1 color chip, or a color wheel, it has 3 separate color chips, one for each red, blue and green so it writes the color faster. In addition to that it also has a 75mhz processor built into the board that aids in focusing the picture for high speed, or high motion shots. For example, if you are watching a NASCAR race on a normal DLP or any other kind of T.V., when the cars come around the turn all you see is a blur. With this processor writing the picture faster you see more of the cars.
The ILA also uses a single light source reflected through a prism, instead of multiple light sources reflected off a mirror. This reduces the pixel spacing, or "screen door effect".
They come in 2 sizes, 52", and 61". They weigh less than 100lbs and produce very little heat.

The other thing that is nice about this T.V. is that it has a user replacable lamp, so in 10 years if the lamp goes bad, it will cost you around $200 to buy a new lamp, remove the 4 screws that hold it in place, put in the new lamp and put it back together. Downtime is about 15 minutes.

Also they have what is called Digital Image Scaling Technology(D.I.S.T.) which writes the picture at 770 lines of resolution instead of 480.

If you are looking for a T.V. that will give you the best quality picture for HD,
or SD for that matter check these out. All of the newer JVC products come with these features, including thier LCD and Plasma sets.

OMG just FULL of misinformation, AND nothing to do with the thread. LCOS is a type of DLP technology? "Writes" color faster? Any other kind of TV "blurs"? 10 year lamp life? LCD and plasmas come with LCOS technology?

Oh brother, please don't anybody listen to a used car salesman :p .

rvsixer said:
OMG just FULL of misinformation, AND nothing to do with the thread. LCOS is a type of DLP technology? "Writes" color faster? Any other kind of TV "blurs"? 10 year lamp life? LCD and plasmas come with LCOS technology?

Oh brother, please don't anybody listen to a used car salesman :p .
that's the 2nd time you covered my post: but do you really think JVC is the BEST: And Yes I sell CAr's but only to the stupid and poor: and do well: that's how business is conducted, sorry about the honesty: but what else is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts