Voom HD To Air 'Broken Trail'

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
One of the hit television events of the summer, Broken Trail, starring Robert Duvall, was praised by The Hollywood Reporter for its “breathtaking cinematography,” and called a “gorgeous piece of cinema” by the Chicago Tribune. Now, VOOM HD Network’s Film Fest HD channel will present the world HD premiere of what has been called an “instant classic.” For the first time, television audiences will get the chance to see the film uncut, uninterrupted, commercial-free and in its full-screen cinematic ratio.

Broken Trail, directed by Walter Hill (48 HRS) will air on August 11 at 8:00pm ET, with another airing immediately following. It will also be shown on August 13 at 8:00pm ET. Broken Trail stars Robert Duvall, Thomas Haden Church, Gretta Scacchi and Scott Cooper.

Part of Film Fest HD’s Wild Wild West Weekend, Broken Trail tells the story of Print Ritter (Robert Duvall) and his estranged nephew Tom Harte (Thomas Haden Church) who become the reluctant guardians of five abused and abandoned Chinese girls. Ritter and Harte's attempts to care for the girls are complicated by their responsibility to deliver a herd of horses while avoiding a group of vicious outlaws’ intent on kidnapping the girls for their own purposes. The Wild Wild West Weekend also features some of the greatest western classics including: The Magnificent Seven (Steve McQueen, Yul Brynner), Duel at Diablo (James Garner, Sidney Poitier), Invitation To A Gunfighter (Yul Brynner, Janice Rule) and Geronimo (Chuck Connors, Pat Conway).

Film Fest HD is a film channel that brings you a breadth of genres curated in HD. With restored classics, sleeper hits, retro favorites, documentaries, indies and even midnight cult movies, Film Fest HD feels like a landmark movie house. FilmFest HD is part of VOOM HD Networks, ... all » the world's largest collection of high definition channels, available on the Dish Network.

Source

some info from Press Release when it aired on AMC

Ford Motor Company Sponsors First-Ever Original Movie Event Broken Trail

Programming is Attracting New Key Sponsors
Marking First-Time Buy for Ford Motor Company on AMC

Four Hour Epic Stars Academy Award winner Robert Duvall and Oscar Nominee Thomas Haden Church Premiering June 25th at 8PM
New York, NY, June 19, 2006 - AMC, basic cable's premiere destination dedicated to movies and movie culture, announced today that Ford Motor Company has signed on as a key sponsor for Broken Trail, a four-hour Western epic movie event. This will mark the first time Ford Motor Company has advertised on the network and will include a fully integrated marketing package for their "bold moves" campaign. For Broken Trail, AMC teamed up with Emmy® winning director Walter Hill and executive producer and Academy Award® winner Robert Duvall, who stars in the film along with Oscar® nominee Thomas Haden Church and Emmy Award winner Greta Scacchi, to create the four-hour Western epic airing June 25th and June 26th at 8:00 PM EST/ 7:00 PM CST.
For Ford Motor Company's sponsorship of Broken Trail, the company will be highlighting their "bold moves" campaign, featuring everyday people overcoming challenges by taking a 'bold move.' AMC will thematically align the "bold moves" campaign with bold scenes from Broken Trail and air them as 30-second and 60-second custom short form vignettes, featuring the cast and crew in the "making of" the movie. The sponsorship package also includes tagged tune-ins, integrated bumpers, logo presence on print ads and online exposure on AMCtv.com and the Broken Trail mini-site. Broken Trail is AMC's largest multi-tiered marketing effort to date.
"Broken Trail is the largest marketing initiative in 2006 for AMC, and on the heels of its most successful year of ratings in the network's history, coupled with this new movie event, AMC continues to maintain our loyal core audience while also attracting a younger, informed viewer," said Arlene Manos, President, Rainbow National Network Advertising Sales. "With Broken Trail, we are offering our audience an original and compelling programming event enabling us to attract key advertisers like Ford Motor Company, to deliver a customized integrated package that makes sense for their brand while providing a wide consumer appeal."
Broken Trail is the first-ever original movie event for AMC and boasts a star-studded cast including Academy Award® winner Robert Duvall who wrote, directed and plays the lead role; Oscar® nominee Thomas Haden Church, most recently acclaimed for his role in Sideways; Director's Guild® Award winner Walter Hill, best-known for Deadwood, and Emmy® Award winner Greta Scacchi, who just appeared in Syriana. The Western is a story about the waning days of the Old West where a veteran rancher and his nephew set out on an arduous horse drive from Oregon to Wyoming. On the trail, they risk their lives to rescue five innocent Chinese girls who have been sold into prostitution, transforming their trip from a demanding physical challenge into an unconventional emotional journey that will change all of their lives forever. AMC's commitment to the original programming genre garnered record ratings growth for 2005 leading to the best year ever in the history of the network. 2005 ranked as the network's strongest year to date in Primetime HH ratings, Household, and A18-49 & A25-54 deliveries. Additionally, AMC ranked among the top 20 networks in primetime performance of key demos. **

Ok, I am officially confused.:confused: This is an original Rainbow Media movie (AMC/VOOM), but it has already received 219 review on IMDB? Anyway, the good news is the reviews are very good...and I like Robert Duvall and enjoy a good western.:)

Cool :)

He was on Sternb show a while ago promoting this, nice to be able to see it in HD

Is there any chance that Broken Trail will be shown again in HD in the near future. I sat down to watch it last night and after about 2 hours my recording ended. I don't know if my new Dish 622 burped on the recording or whether it got pre-empted by another timer but this was a great film with great HD cinematography that I need to see. I see that it is on a an SD show on AMC who apparently originally did the show but watching it in 4:3 SD is just not the same as what this looked like on my HD projector. I have done a bunch of searches of various places but cannot find it anywhere in HD. Worst case I guess I rent the DVD as at least that is letterbox and not a bad pic.

..Doyle

Last edited:
I sent a message yesterday about the problem with the PG and Broken Trail when it aired on FilmFest. I was given positive feedback that it may air again. I will let you know if I hear something. I missed the movie because I dvr'ed twice and something else was recorded instead.

Sean Mota said:
I sent a message yesterday about the problem with the PG and Broken Trail when it aired on FilmFest. I was given positive feedback that it may air again. I will let you know if I hear something. I missed the movie because I dvr'ed twice and something else was recorded instead.

DISH PASS found it being shown again on AMC (130) this Saturday 8/26 from 9:45 AM till 1:45 AM. Since we have already watched the shorten version of 1:39 minutes may watch the last half in SD! No reply to e-mail to VOOM. What a joke that effort was!

Yeah,
I have it sched to record from AMC. I noticed that the DVD releases in mid Sept. Maybe I'll just wait until then. At least the DVD will be letterbox and PQ should be much better than SD.

That is a real killer to have the end of recording screen pop up right in the middle of your movie.

..Doyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)