VOOM in East Bay Area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dailo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
Anyone have VOOM in the castro valley/pleaseanton area? I live in castro valley on top of a hill and thinking about switching to voom because comcast sucks out here as I get not enough HD channels for the same cost as people who get lots more. Just wondering if anyone could post their experience with voom, I'm pretty sure I can recieve signals from the SF towers for the locals. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I am sure you could get your OTA's from Sutro tower, I have a friend that lives in Pleasanton that does with DTV. I would be worried about the Altamont and Oakland hills and the way the voom satelite is low in the sky for us west coasters, but if you live at the top of the Oakland/hayward hills you should be alright.

I am in Livermore just about 10 miles east of you..Ive been through several antenna's and so far im with the channel master 4228 8 bay
i can get most channels from sutro 259 degrees Fox is the worst or i can point at 3 degrees and get most of sacramento with nbc not coming in to good.
Most chans still have hicups from time to time..I think its just the valley we live in...

Still not done experimenting

Guess I'll go ahead and give voom a try and see if I like it, thanks.

East Bay Oakland Hiils Super Voom + 40 + ota's

Reception is 89/92 on Sat and 97 to 99 ota with Winegard 1000a digital ota antenna with rotor San Jose get KNBC-HD @ 98 to 99% with distance of 45 miles

Kron TV 4 (4.1) very high quality digital feed and with free bonus:
Kron's (4.2) is HD-Net in HD for free !!!!

KQED (PBS) (9.1 / 9.2 / 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.5 in digital and HD day and night

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts