Voom Infocus 4805

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Richard RD your right the Picture on my 106 Inch Screen is awesome it is like being at the ball game i do have a Question for you i don't know if you could help me but the price of the Bulb for the Infocus 4805 is over 300 Dollars is there any were i could get it cheaper it must cost them 25 dollars to make or less they make a big Profit.

I have like 420 Hours on mines and it last like almost 4,000 hours there must be some Local dealers that sell them cheaper or do you have to go Buy it from Infocus.

I am in the same boat as you. I am a first time projector ownee (about 7 months and have 600 hours on my bulb. Yeah they are expensive to replace and i have not looked into finding a cheaper bulb yet because i figure i will get at least 1.5 to 3 years out of my current bulb.

They say the brightness of the bulb goes down by 50% over its lifetime (2000-3000 hours). To get around this pblm i bought a Hi-power Dalite pulldown screen for $300 and removed the creen from the case and made a nice permanent framed screen with it. with the 2.8 gain of the High-Power (really more like 1.7 because i am using this retro-reflective screen with an overhead mounted projector) it is like i have a 106" Plasma TV, LOL!!!

I also figure in 2 years maybe the price of 1080i DLP projectors will be close to $1500-2000 dollars and i woulkd just upgrade my projector at that time instead of buying a 300 dollar bulb.

Infocus

I hear that i might buy a 1080i DLP Projector also my Infocus with the 106 inch screen cost me 1,600 dollars that was in October the next month it went down to 1,299 now you could find the same Projector at Sams for 1,189 dollars with the 106 inch screen.

I posted on another Fourm to see if i could find the Bulb cheaper if i find out any news i will tell you about it, it would be nice if we could buy the Bulb for maybe 150 Dollars that would be awesome. :D

I have the infocus X1 and have had for a year, about 480 hours am thinking of getting a new bulb and saving old one for spare... the avsforum has some posts of folks around 400 hours loosing bulbs...(mine is also around the 300$ mark)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)