voom install curse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reymar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Well I didn't think it would happen to me :( but the voom curse has arrived. My install was set for 8-12 today. yes I called serveal times before the install date to comfrim and they said everything was a go. Today I called at 10am to comfrim, then again at 11:30am this time they said they would get the installer to call me back. Well that never happened so I called back only to be told they could not contact the installer and weren't sure if the install would happen today. How in the world does Voom get or keep customers. I don't think the install will happen today. If something doesn't happen soon Voom will never be on my TV set.

sounds like a problem with local installer. Send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net. Did you call VOOM or Installs Inc? Not trying to create excuses but it looks like this guy either does not want to do it or he is overloaded with others.

Called both even got 1-800# to call Voom direct up north. Was on hold for 5min then was told to leave my# and they would call back 24-48 hrs.

I think these installers are not estimating the OTA portion of these jobs correctly. They may be used to installing the sat equipment with Dish & DirecTv but adding in the OTA puts another layer of complexity that they are not used to and it gets them behind in their schedule.

Well I was finally told they don't have my equipment and never did. After 4 phone calls and a whole wasted day later I'm told I have to wait till the 19th maybe. Do these people just not care have they never heard of customer service. All i needed was a phone call and I would have gone to work. That would have been respect for the working man. Instead I got to wait for some one who never was going to show up.

reymar said:
Well I was finally told they don't have my equipment and never did. After 4 phone calls and a whole wasted day later I'm told I have to wait till the 19th maybe. Do these people just not care have they never heard of customer service. All i needed was a phone call and I would have gone to work. That would have been respect for the working man. Instead I got to wait for some one who never was going to show up.

Please let Wilt know this. This is unacceptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)