VOOM install problems with DVR 921`

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigtimber

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
big timber
I had a professional installer in yesterday to install VOOM HD and was not able to get 921 to read the new DPP44 switch. Currently I had a Dish twin on 110/119 and a Dish Dual on 148 for networks with a DP34 switch with a 921 & 508 receiver. Installer put in a new DPP44 switch, a dish dual on 61.5 with a power inserter. It worked fine on my 508 receiver and read all 4 satellites-but my 921 receiver would not read the 148 satellite. After 2 phone calls with 921 tech support, the installer was still unable to get the 921 to read the 148 satellite and the tech support person told the installer that this is a known issue with 921 that would be corrected with the new software download comming up. The installer left my home with the old switch installed and the DPP44 on standby-and no VOOM.

Is this a know issue with the 921 receiver, or is dish tech support just passing the buck. I really want the VOOM channels and would appreciate any feedback on this.

Dfergie, where does one find these separators? Your URL that you refer to states that Dish does not "support" these Separators. I cannot find them thru Dish Store or any other location. Does this void the warranty of my 921 and
the DPP44 switch?

bigtimber said:
Dfergie, where does one find these separators? Your URL that you refer to states that Dish does not "support" these Separators. I cannot find them thru Dish Store or any other location. Does this void the warranty of my 921 and
the DPP44 switch?
The DPP Separator is a standard part now being shipped with dual-tuner boxes.

It allows both tuners of a dual-tuner box to use a single cable from the DPP LNB or switch.

Apparently, due to a bug, the 921 MUST use it when hooked to a DPP44, although opinions vary on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts