VOOM Installations

WLong said:
Good to hear!! Where are you located?

I'm hoping (and praying) that the survey folks will find a good spot to mount the VOOM dish/antenna. So far I agree with the lazy installer theory.

I'm in California, (east bay area). I am anxious about the install, and also hoping for the best here. I'll cross my fingers for yours too, Bill! :)

GeneWildershair said:
I'm in California, (east bay area). I am anxious about the install, and also hoping for the best here. I'll cross my fingers for yours too, Bill! :)

What time is your install?

Be sure to take some photos of the mount and what your surroundings look like, in case I can use them as an idea for the next guys. :)

Bill

subdude212 said:
Gene:

I wouldn't let your installer off the hook for running a separate line versus having the diplexer installed.

Thanks subdude, I am aware of the problems that can occur with the diplexor installed, and will not let him install it! Whether or not he installs that second line for the ota antenna is another story. If he really insists that he has to charge to do so, I can always call up voom while he's here and get a straight scoop from them, as to what the technician should do in this case. I'm hoping he gives me no problems. I appreciate the info...good read there!!! I feel much more prepared for the install, having read posts like yours, from this group! Thanks to all of you here, helping out all of us new "potential voomers"!

Can someone get a valid word from VOOM on this? If they agree to cover it as part of the installation (as a measure of better quality for their customers) then we at least have some ground to stand on.

Even though -- the install email does state 4 lines are included.

Sean Mota said:
my installer told me that the VOOM satellite is not quite at the same spot as the E* but if you are required to have one dish for both services you can get a spot where you can get both without problems. Can you post a picture of how yours is pointing (if possible)

here are the pics, OTA antenna i got, voom, diectv, in the approx directions on roof

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 91
rang1995 said:
ok. ill try to remember tomw.
SEAN:the pics
Diectv 101
Voom
OTA i got with Voom
the directions the dishes are pointing are the apx diections almost opposite(50 deg i would guess)

Attachments

• DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC00264.JPG
    DSC00264.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00230.JPG
    DSC00230.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 113
rang1995,

looking at your voom dish, it looks like is pointing in the same direction as mine. What do you think?

Just Got off the phone with my the installer...sounds like the crazy ride has started. They are having to push my install back a week b/c of shipping issues!!! Oh well, Hopefully it will be worth it in the end

Ok guys,

here's you answer regarding local installer trying to charge you for the OTA coax line. Therefore, NO ONE SHOULD BE CHARGED BY THE LOCAL INSTALLERS TO RUN AN OTA COAX LINE. EVERYTHING IT'S INCLUDED FREE AS PART OF THE INSTALLATION

No comment, other than; I'll get it handled. It's wrong.
Wilt
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 9:12 AM
To: Wilt Hildenbrand
Subject: OTA Coax Line

Wilt,

It looks like the local installers want to charge extra for the OTA line when people don't want to install the diplexer. Yet in the email, we get (I got one as well) from VOOM it states that the free installation includes up to 4 coax lines. Why are they trying to charge customers for the OTA line.

Sean Mota

Sean Mota said:
rang1995,

looking at your voom dish, it looks like is pointing in the same direction as mine. What do you think?
Sean: yes but because of the way your 2 61.5 dishes are a little off(a little off could be thousands of miles) and the way they set mine haphazzard.i wonder if that is why my sig is only in mid 40's installers seem to rush that part of it

I just received a call from a manager at Installs Inc. He wanted to get more information about my horrible install experience. He wants to send a guy out here as well to do a site survey to determine whether or not VOOM service is possible at my location.

So thats 3 calls about survey folks coming out with only one of them offering a time and date. (Today at 10am).

Should be interesting.

Bill

Sean Mota said:
Ok guys,

here's you answer regarding local installer trying to charge you for the OTA coax line. Therefore, NO ONE SHOULD BE CHARGED BY THE LOCAL INSTALLERS TO RUN AN OTA COAX LINE. EVERYTHING IT'S INCLUDED FREE AS PART OF THE INSTALLATION

Sean you are THE MAN! :)

So, when they try to charge us, should we tell them to take that charge up with VOOM?

Bill

WLong said:
Sean you are THE MAN! :)

So, when they try to charge us, should we tell them to take that charge up with VOOM?

Bill

Yes. Show them the e-mail you got from VOOM as well. Tell them to call VOOM as well and let them figure it out. You should not pay for this. Also, Wilt will take up higher with Installs Inc and Installs Inc will let all the local guys that this is not acceptable.

Sean Mota said:
Yes. Show them the e-mail you got from VOOM as well. Tell them to call VOOM as well and let them figure it out. You should not pay for this. Also, Wilt will take up higher with Installs Inc and Installs Inc will let all the local guys that this is not acceptable.

This whole thread is loaded with great information! I am glad I had this resource available during my install.

Thanks,
Bill

Installer here now with his DIRECTV sweatshirt on. Think that is kind of funny. Bet Voom wouldn't like it. They had to drive hour and a half to get here and don't get paid travel time. How are they supposed to make any money?

pmalve said:
Installer here now with his DIRECTV sweatshirt on. Think that is kind of funny. Bet Voom wouldn't like it. They had to drive hour and a half to get here and don't get paid travel time. How are they supposed to make any money?

They get paid $100 I believe per installation. DirecTv and Dish pay them the same amount but there is no OTA antenna with DirecTv or Dish.

Good luck with your install. Hopefully your experience is good.

The site survey guy was just here. No dice on the install without a 30 foot tower. I also have no view of 148, if VOOM were to move to this sat in the future.

So, no VOOM for me unless I move or VOOM moves to a satellite other than 148.

Bummer deal. :(

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts