Voom installed, need hekp quick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokeatr2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
birmingham, AL
Voom installed, need help quick

Sorry to post here guys but I'v got a major problem and this forum had the most readers. Got my voom installed today everything went well but the installer hooked everything up to s video and not Dvi or comp. He said it was easier to hookup and I could change to DVI later or after he left. Here is the deal, S-video works great with all channels from voom. I go to hookup the dvi nothing but deadly blue screen, tried comp. only w/monster cables, nothing this is with the s video out. My tv is a mits 48413 w/net command. I unhooked my charter dvr box (was using comp. cables) and hooked up the voom box same plugs , went to my net command pushed the link for dtv and nothing. So I went into the net command setup and set my dtv box to yes and under my input for DTV I put DTV Bx YPrPb accepted it went back to the dtv selection pushed it. and nothing but a blue screen, DVD works great. Got voom today and can't watch but w/s video it's killing me. Need help please Thanks Greg

smokeatr2000 said:
Sorry to post here guys but I'v got a major problem and this forum had the most readers. Got my voom installed today everything went well but the installer hooked everything up to s video and not Dvi or comp. He said it was easier to hookup and I could change to DVI later or after he left. Here is the deal, S-video works great with all channels from voom. I go to hookup the dvi nothing but deadly blue screen, tried comp. only w/monster cables, nothing this is with the s video out. My tv is a mits 48413 w/net command. I unhooked my charter dvr box (was using comp. cables) and hooked up the voom box same plugs , went to my net command pushed the link for dtv and nothing. So I went into the net command setup and set my dtv box to yes and under my input for DTV I put DTV Bx YPrPb accepted it went back to the dtv selection pushed it. and nothing but a blue screen, DVD works great. Got voom today and can't watch but w/s video it's killing me. Need help please Thanks Greg

My mits doesnt support 720p, you may have the same issue. Make sure the box is not set to 720p. Hit that little red button on the front right side of the box (behind the little door)..

Just looked up yer tv. It too does not support 720p.
Better than hitting the button, go into the installer menu (on the remote Hit the voom button, then the green button, then the green button again. Choose installer menu then installation wizard, then set output resolution.) Set it to 1080i and leave it there, thats what i had to do.

Either go into the menu or hit the button until the top line on the right (theres 4 lines on the box) flashes.

Make sure the Input-DTV, video block is checked and make sure the VOOM STB is outputting 1080i since this is what the Mits can handle. Offhand, it sounds like the your installer configured the VOOM STB to output 480i.

smokeatr2000 said:
Thanks Zombie I got it to 1080i fantastic i'll be zoomin tonight, Which do you think is better to use the dvi or comp.

My mits is a slightly older model and doesnt have DVI, so I dont know. I got suckered into the mits promise hype. They were supposed to release an upgrade module for the tv, and did but it never included dvi only firewire. They have since pulled all mention of the promise or promise module from their site :( ...

From what i've read comp seems to have less problems than dvi, but dvi is probbaly slightly better in most cases.. I would try both and see what you like..

I've got a great pic right now using comp. How do I check my local sig strength sorry for all the questions but kinda new to all of this my zip is 35071

smokeatr2000 said:
I've got a great pic right now using comp. How do I check my local sig strength sorry for all the questions but kinda new to all of this my zip is 35071

Back inthe installers menu you can check local signals and scan for locals that are strong enough. Use www.antennaweb.org to find out the digital stations you should get.

smokeatr2000 said:
where should it give me the strength of the channels in there.
In the installers menu there is an option to aim off-air antenna. In there you can punch in the channel frequency and hit ok. It will show a bar with the strength and beep like crazy so turn down the volume first :)

smokeatr2000 said:
Ill try DVI what is the best setting for the 4:3 pic? I get the black burn in bars on my local 13 station
Does your mits control have a format button on it? If so just hit it and it will stretch the image..

smokeatr2000 said:
yes it has Hd and HD expand. now Can I still use the s-video for non-hd channels and use the stretch plus my tv has
You could I used to do that with my old cable HD box.

tried both connections comp seemed to look better for me and the wife so we went with the comp. conn. or could both be connected at the same time without interference to one another Thanks to everyone here for the help.

smokeatr2000 said:
tried both connections comp seemed to look better for me and the wife so we went with the comp. conn. or could both be connected at the same time without interference to one another Thanks to everyone here for the help.
Are the comp and DVI shown on different inputs on the TV? If so they probably could both be hooked up.. i'm not sure if the STB will complain or not..

yes there are 2 connections I had them both hooked up and was swapping and noticed the comp conn. was a little sharper so I unhooked the dvi for now, Wife loves the pic on RAVE right now of jon mayer concert so I can't play with the tv, so I'm reading on here for different ways to use voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)