VOOM Installs in PA

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
Anyone know who does the VOOM installs around Beach Lake, PA ? Are they good ?

Thanks in advance.

IM not sure where beach lake is but im in mansfield up near corning and elmira ny and they had some guy from steam valley off of route 15 come do it and even though he smelled like pil and gas and had his lunch stuck in his beard and mustach he actually did a very good install.HE worked for a place out of harrisburg called aaw tech number 717-985-9900 and installer was tony wilhelim

Not sure where Beach Lake is, but i am in NortEast PA, Scranton Area and Install went fine (A+). Get all Major OTA networks but only three broadcast HD (ABC/FOX/PBS), CBS and NBC are digital but only 480p (ED). The good news is CBS/NBC are supposed to upgrade system over the summer, so by next fall all my locals should be HD!!!! :)

I also currently kept my DishNetwork service so I can get Regional RSN's (big Met/Jets/Knicks/Rangers fan) and i got a CBS Waiver si i am getting CBS-HD from NYC on dish. I will cancel my dish service when VOOM offers my RSN's which is frustrating because Rainbow/Cablevision own MSG and FSN-NY :( .

question, you are from scranton and watch the freakin JETS????

just thought you would like to watch real FOOTBALL like the eagles or STEELERS. but them you have voom and dish, so i guess you enjoy rooting for the second rate teams??? only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell you could be watching that E U version FUTBOL. yeah , right futbol, SOCCER

J!!!!! E!!!!! T!!!!! S!!!!!

JETS!!!!! JETS!!!!!!!!!! JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - You are lucky are fricken place kicker missed that 43 yard chippy, we would have showed you how to beat those PATS!!!!!!!

Near Honesdale

richard_rd said:
Not sure where Beach Lake is, but i am in NortEast PA, Scranton Area and Install went fine (A+). Get all Major OTA networks but only three broadcast HD (ABC/FOX/PBS), CBS and NBC are digital but only 480p (ED). The good news is CBS/NBC are supposed to upgrade system over the summer, so by next fall all my locals should be HD!!!! :)

I am 32 miles east of Scranton near Honesdale. What company (name)did your install? Did they keep the appointment , call you prior to day of install ? etc. ?

Thanks

Don't remember the name of the company, the the installer was very proffesional and had me hooked up and running in with OTA antenna in about 2 hours. He did call the day prior to the appointment to confirm, and also called the morning of the appointment and was on time. I had one followup service call since then and he was on time for that and called the morning of service call appointment to verify i was home. He could not fix the pblm (no fault of his, it was a VOOM pblm that they fixed in the next software rev of the box). He told me he did all the installs for northeatern PA for VOOM (this was about 10 months ago). If you get the same guy you won't have to worry about your install, sorry i forgot his name and the company name though.

Following is a good forum site for info on HD stations in Northeastern Pa. You should be able to confirm if you can get the digital signals in the forums on this site. http://www.nepa-hdtv.com/index.php

dragon002 said:
correction, i sub for AAW and the OWNER is tony wilmelm, not the installer

dragon
So do you know whom im refering to then ?he did do a great install i will admit.he was form steam valley i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts