Voom + Locals I'm confused?

kstitt

Original poster
May 5, 2005
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the extra Voom Channels. I currently am running two dishes. One with a Duel LNB (Super Dish) and another pointing at 148 west for the locals.

My local channels are from Medford, Oregon and I don't see them listed on the 61.5 Satellite. Would I need to add a third dish to my system in order to be able to keep my locals? (I don't think I can get a waiver to another network feed because the Medford channels are in my market.) Or would I need to drop the network to get the new HD lineup?

Thanks everyone :)

Hi kstitt, Welcome to Satellite Guys! :welcome
and greetings from the NW corner of the state.

To keep your locals and see the new V* channels you will need another dish pointed at 61.5 and a switch(s) configuration to accommodate 4 satellites. How's your terrain to the east? The dish elevation for the Medford area is only 12 degrees, if your too close to the mountains or have lots of trees getting 61.5 can be impossible.

NightRyder

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome.

I'm not sure yet If I will clear the 12 degree's yet (I'm still at work) I'm actually a little bit south of Medford (A little way into California.)

I'll check when I get home and post back. Thanks again for the help! (I'll get this stuff figured out eventually.)

-Kris

kstitt said:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the extra Voom Channels. I currently am running two dishes. One with a Duel LNB (Super Dish) and another pointing at 148 west for the locals.

My local channels are from Medford, Oregon and I don't see them listed on the 61.5 Satellite. Would I need to add a third dish to my system in order to be able to keep my locals? (I don't think I can get a waiver to another network feed because the Medford channels are in my market.) Or would I need to drop the network to get the new HD lineup?

Thanks everyone :)

welcome :wave
I think you mean you have a Dish Twin (not a Superdish...those are much larger). Yes your locals (all of them) are on 148.

to get the HD channels on 61.5, you will need a 3rd dish and a DP44 switch, which will support 4 satellites (110,119,148 which you have now) and 61.5

You can have both (locals & HD), but your roof will look like mine soon (I have 5 dishes on my roof...don't ask) :)

The DPP44 may not be necessary. If you have a DP34, and only need 1-2 tuners for 61.5, then you can cascade DP21(s) to do it. Check my sig. ;)

You should make sure you've got LOS for 61.5 before investing any money. Depending on your situation, you might try swing the 148 dish over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)