VOOM looks better this morning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still looks the same to me also. I guess that they just want us to view it this way, for so long, that we will forget how great the original Voom used to look . The psychology of Dish!

For some reason HDNews has continued to look pretty good and is ok to watch. Maybe it has something to do with the studio or cameras where the downconversion isn't hurting them so much

BFG said:
For some reason HDNews has continued to look pretty good and is ok to watch. Maybe it has something to do with the studio or cameras where the downconversion isn't hurting them so much

Isn't that one of the channels that was always 1280x1080i on Dish?

jsb_hburg said:
What do you think of the picture on HDNews?

I haven't seen it in awhile. I have some neighbors with the regular Dish HD pack, but none have Voom (once Dish 1000 is required for ESPN2HD that might change). I'm just commenting that since most of the Voom channels were 1280x1080i since they've been on Dish, a lot of the differences people are seeing on those channel are somewhat psychological.

The picture quality might be subjective, but the pixelation and picture freezing and audio drop outs that I am seeing are a sure sign that they have not improved the quality. The picture still sucks and if Dish doeas not improve the pixelation by the first week in January, I am dropping the Voom package completely.

Nope... still muddy looking here. DiscoveryHD and HDNet's channels look good though! I had some relatives over and didn't bother showing the VOOM stuff like I used to. I ended up showing them some real HD content on the HTPC, Eric Clapton Live in Japan w/AAC audio (17mb-18mb) comes to mind. ;)

GeorgeLV said:
I haven't seen it in awhile. I have some neighbors with the regular Dish HD pack, but none have Voom (once Dish 1000 is required for ESPN2HD that might change). I'm just commenting that since most of the Voom channels were 1280x1080i since they've been on Dish, a lot of the differences people are seeing on those channel are somewhat psychological.

Yeah, the differences are driving me crazy as I try to rationalize spending the extra money for Dish HD. I never saw the return of 1920 x 1080 on Voom DBS because Jimmy did not allow Voom DBS to exist long enough to use the AMC bird that was being loaded with channels prior to shutdown.

I did see 1920 x 1080 Voom channels on Dish. These channels looked great. I also observed the down-resolution of the other channels. These channels looked horrible, including Rush the temporary home of La Liga.

Voom looks no better than 480p PBS Widescreen on some of the channels.

Reefer123 said:
The way things are going and the hints that certain users are throwing out there, I think many of us will be dropping Voom, and quite a few may even drop the HD package along with it.
This may be true, especially if the rumors I am hearing that the HD Package cost is going up is true. :(

Now let me say this, the HD Package price increase is NOT official, just something I have been hearing from the grapevine.

It's going to be an interesting CES.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This may be true, especially if the rumors I am hearing that the HD Package cost is going up is true. :(

Now let me say this, the HD Package price increase is NOT official, just something I have been hearing from the grapevine.

It's going to be an interesting CES.

Does anyone honestly think they would add 6-7 new HD channels and NOT raise the price?

Reefer123 said:
The way things are going and the hints that certain users are throwing out there, I think many of us will be dropping Voom, and quite a few may even drop the HD package along with it.

I've started keeping track of my HD viewing habits and I think we are spending more time watching the HD Locals--we get PBS, CBS, NBC and ABC and soon, hopefully, FOX and so we would probably drop the entire HD package with Dish if we keeping getting less and paying more. We are former VOOMERS and we got 39 channels of HD for $60/month and so we KNOW what the capabilities WERE anyway.

I don't like how they have not only downgraded VOOM PQ, but the number of channels--we, as former VOOMERS, were persuaded to go to DISH because we would get ALL of our VOOM channels back, but that does not seem to be the case.

Yep, about half the stuff we watch is OTA and the other half is the HD Pak/VOOM HD Pak and Lifetime channel. We're seriously considering dropping down from AEP to 120 w/HD Pak (VOOM should be part of the new HD Pak) just because of our viewing habits...especially if there is a considerable price increase.

DWS44 said:
Does anyone honestly think they would add 6-7 new HD channels and NOT raise the price?

No, but if they are adding 6-7 HDLite channels then no I would not expect a price increase. Personally the HD Pak and Voom are like potatoes right now, and they are getting a bit hot, looks like I may have to drop them like a hot potato :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts