Voom Messed Up !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rickbb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
I decided to cancel my VOOM installation after talking to customer service.
I asked for the 24 inch dish.The customer service person said that its up to the installer if they decide you need one.I told the customer service person that the 18 inch dish is known to go out when it rains..rain fade..and loses signal.He was aware of this.Plus I live in an area in southern california where I am surrounded by mountains. Again he told me that the installer would need to still bring out the 18 inch dish..and then later he could order me the 24 inch dish.
First I told him earlier into our conversation...why don't I change my appointment to a later date when they have the 24 inch dish to install?
He went away from his phone for a few minutes and THATS when he told me it was up to the installer.
I told the guy.is'nt Voom the one who tells the installer what to do? Since its Voom's equipment?!! He said nothing.
I found out though from THIS Forum here at sateliteguys.us that the 24 inch Voom dish costs Voom's company more money to put out than the 18 inch Voom dish.
My mom suggested I talk to a supervisor.If I do,I'll wait till Monday.
I have another theory about this situation.I told the customer service person that I was adding Voom to my dish Network. Maybe the reason he did'nt fight me on cancelling my VOOM installation was because there's a major rumor and major chance out there that before summer of 2005 Dish and Voom will be one company or Dish will carry Voom HD channels once Voom's new satelite HD channels are up in the sky in March 2005.Voom will be going from 35 HD channels in March to 70 HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)