Voom Movie Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gentleman

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
New Orleans
Anyone else notice a lot pixelization, picture freezing on the Voom movie channels, i.e Monster 9481, World 9475, Film 9480

Bob

I believe this is because Voom is on 129 and when I gripped about this a week after getting my HD service the installers came out and re-pointed the dish and Voom is better but the 119 with my locals gets occasional drop outs. They explained and I believe that in some cases the peak 129 signal is not in the same place as the peak 119 place.

Because of this I've been mulling over making a super-high tech 3 feed horn mount and maybe a "clip on" dish extension for higher gain.

The only problem is that I am getting the channels off of 61.5, my wife watches other Voom channels during the day and has not problem, it's just the movies and usually starts mid afternoon, never noticed this before mpeg4

Bob

Strange.

Maybe it's not us. My problems were also between noon and dusk but subsided after the re-aim.

Maybe Voom just has a crappy signal to the uplink center.

When does Sporadic "E's" start in the fall? This is the solar interruption that occurs with all Satellite transmisisons in March and then also 6 months later--would that be September? What effect does that have on DISH and what days and what hours of the day?

I watch a lot of Monsters HD and have had no problems with pixelization or artifacts. The only problem I have had is complete weather outages. It either works great or it doesn't in my house.

When does Sporadic "E's" start in the fall? This is the solar interruption that occurs with all Satellite transmisisons in March and then also 6 months later--would that be September? What effect does that have on DISH and what days and what hours of the day?

Boy, that fits the reports!

The phenomenon occurs when Dish LNBs get saturated by solar radiation when a satellite, the sun and a customers dish fall into a straight line. Only two times a year does the sun pass through the right part of the sky for this to happen and it only happens to a small footprint on the earth's surface each day. It's the same as being lucky enough to be at the location of a total eclipse of the sun only in this case unlucky enough. I don't know how many days this situation can occur for the 110 to 129 line of birds but I expect it can't be much more than a day or two at any given latitude per satellite.

The only thing is I would have thought on "those days" in spring and fall some of the wizards on here would put out the word. The Dish engineers would most certainly know but who they tell is anybodiy's guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts