VOOM: New Channel Wish List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
VOOM, you guys are doing great!! Here is a few channels that are must-have's for me to drop Direct HD services and my Cable company and have VOOM as a sole provider. I hope everyone else likes these channels as well:

1) *Inhd1 & *Inhd2 (These two are almost the best channels available, with concerts, IMAX, Venus Bikini show and other good programing. I prefer these over Hdnet a lot!

2) Hdnet

3) Cinemax OuterMAX
4) Cinemax 5StarMax
5) *Nick West
6) Disney West
7) Noggin
8) Nick GAS
9) *Nicktoons
10) *Discovery Times
11) Discovery Wings
12) Discovery Kids
13) Starz Theater
14) Starz Kids
15) The other Starz movie channels as well
16) *TRIO - Awesome channel that Direct TV has
17) *FOX Sports Arizona - Need this real bad in HD or at least SD
18) *TechTV
19) ***The Outdoor Channel

* Most important.

Go VOOM.

Ken

1) *Inhd1 & *Inhd2
2) Hdnet and HDnet Movies

I've never seen them but I think the HDNet pack has probably much better content.

16) *TRIO - Awesome channel that Direct TV has

News flash, DirecTV is dropping this channel, so much for that ;)

17) *FOX Sports Arizona - Need this real bad in HD or at least SD
not going to happen soon, because it would only be shown to a regional area

* Most important.

Go VOOM.

Ken

INHD 1 and 2.....if you get those than I really wouldnt have the need for HDNET and HDNET Movies. If you are going to add regional sports ch's I would really like them to add MSGHD since they own the ch and it is available on Cablevision. It would just be a matter of putting the ch on VOOM since the ch is in operation as we speak. On the Std side I would like NickTOONS and Nick WEST for my kids. I have heard alot about adding DIY and also adding QVC for my wife. I could care less about the standard ch's ...HD is my main concern. INHD 1 and 2 would be at the top. HD is the best....oh maybe a PPVHD ch.

HDNet or INHD1 & INHD2

SciFi HD - I heard a rumor from someone that they are going HD

USA HD

INHDs, RSNs, PPV Sports (NHL Center Ice, ESPN GamePlan, ect.), Lifetime, new/newly formed HD channels (Wealth-TV, TBS-HD, AMC-HD, WE-HD, IFC-HD, etc.) and the other cable favorites as space permits.

I'm sorry, but IMO the HDNETs are way over-rated. I thought the INHDs were vastly better (10-1 viewing ratio) and similar, if not identical, material was often playing on the VOOM Exclusives.

Oh my, you people are crazy. HDNet and HDNet movies are way way way way way better than that INHD crap. The programming on it sucks and is just repetive Eye Candy. HDNet has actual original programming that's enjoyable to watch.

BFG said:
Oh my, you people are crazy. HDNet and HDNet movies are way way way way way better than that INHD crap. The programming on it sucks and is just repetive Eye Candy. HDNet has actual original programming that's enjoyable to watch.
Plus, the PQ puts Voom to shame (at least from Dish). :D

DarrellP said:
Plus, the PQ puts Voom to shame (at least from Dish). :D
I'm sure that's true, but the INHDs looked much better on Adelphia Cable than did the HDNETs. I'm not sure how this was possible since (I assume) they were evenly allocating 3 HD subchannels per each 38Mb QAM channel. I cancelled cable, but I still have broadband Internet and I still receive the HDNETs since Adelphia can't (or won't spend the money to) place a digital filter on the line. IMO, this channel doesn't offer much entertainment value...and their Eye Candy isn't too appetizing at <13Mb.

riffjim4069 said:
...and their Eye Candy isn't too appetizing at <13Mb.
Bummer, the eye candy on my screen is larger than life and looks as real as life. Remember the old AT&T slogan: "Reach out and touch someone"? ;) Tempting. :p

BFG said:

I have HDNET and I really dont watch much of it. I just dont find their programming all that compelling. I dont have INHD but would have loved to have watched the Bon Jovi concert that was on live from AC last Sunday night. I have had HDNET a long time now and I guess I just want a new ch. I loved HDNETS NHL coverage...but that isnt happening this year. HDnet Movies is just like the CIn 10...matter of fact I like the Cin 10 better because there are more choices. Like I said I have never hAD INHD ...but I would like to.

I don't have HDNet but I have looked into the programming and concluded that "Bikini Destinations" alone would make that channel worthy :D

My only "wish list" would be to get OTA HD programming over the satellite. We are too far from anywhere to get any HD OTA. We mainly would like to catch the shows on UPN and PBS. Can't get them unless we also subscribe to cable.

(I know sending OTA over the satellite is not popular with most subscribers because they already get them OTA.)

1080iBeVuMin said:
My only "wish list" would be to get OTA HD programming over the satellite. We are too far from anywhere to get any HD OTA. We mainly would like to catch the shows on UPN and PBS. Can't get them unless we also subscribe to cable.

I am still quite confident this will be happening. CBS out of Green Bay is still a go. I am told January. Scott and Sean disagree but I stand by my prediction.

Walter L. said:
I don't have HDNet but I have looked into the programming and concluded that "Bikini Destinations" alone would make that channel worthy :D
Walter, have you based that conclusion on the fact that you've watched an episode of Bikini Destinations on a DVHS deck on a 110" screen? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)