Voom new remote?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vastalderaan

Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Hi,

I just had Voom installed a few days ago. I notice that the button on the lower right corner has a red heart on it and the word "rec" below it. Does anyone have this remote as well? Can you get it to control your TV?

Thanks,

vastalderaan

vastalderaan said:
Hi,

I just had Voom installed a few days ago. I notice that the button on the lower right corner has a red heart on it and the word "rec" below it. Does anyone have this remote as well? Can you get it to control your TV?

Thanks,

vastalderaan

You just got the newer remote the only difference it the older one's don't have the red heart on them they just have rec on that button . to make it work your tv
hold the tv and ok button in untill the voom button stays lit
than use the channel button up hit it until your tv goes off
when it goes off turn it back on and hit the volume button that will tell you that your remote is now program for you tv.

tyork

Thats the remote for the DVR, with the exceotion of that record button they are pretty much the same as the old remotes.

Thanks. I have already tried the provided instructions and the past few days with no success. I've also talked with Voom's tech support and they don't know why all of my remotes don't work.

It appears that as soon as I press ok and TV at the same time, the Voom button stays lit and blinks only once when I press and hold on the CH+. Nothing happens for the next 3 minutes.

Hmmm. If I aimed the remote control at my honey and pressed the little red heart, would I then receive hugs & kisses? :rolleyes: Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if you pressed that button while watching PlayboyHD? :shocked

heres how to get yout remote to work

had to figure it out myself, tried calling voom also and it was useless.
you have to put your tv code in manually. so first you will need to locate your code for your brand television, it may have a few different ones but just do it over until the right code turns it off. if you cant find your code just look in a dvd or vcr manual it should have all the tv codes in there.

press tv and ok button at the same time the voom button will light up,
using the numbers on your remote press in your tv code and your tv should go off, if it does press the tv button agian and your done. do not touch the channel button while doing this. if you have to try more than one code make sure you start over each time by making the voom buttun go out and starting over.

Looks like I will have to do the manual control codes myself but does anyone have a link to a page with said codes? I own a JVC 52 inch HD-ILA tv and have the same issue trying to train the new style remote does the light up and only blink once deal.

Found the solution with new remote

Well, I found out how your ssupposed to do it with the new remotes after I recalled Voom at 1866-522-8666. This time got someone I was able to explain the issue to that actually went and looked up/found the info.

Anyway the steps are ALMOST the same hehe but with one minor change

Step 1, Trun on TV

Step 2, Press TV & OK button till Voom Square lites

Step 3, Now, this is where the change is you press the Ch+ once then the MUTE button. If tv goes off hit tv button and your done. If it doesnt shut off then you hit Ch+ again and mute again. Lather rinse repeat till TV does turn off. Then hit TV button again and viola its programed.

Hope this helps anyone else having the issue and gonna also post this as a seprate thread for those with prob but not following this thread.

Bratboy :D

bratboy said:
Looks like I will have to do the manual control codes myself but does anyone have a link to a page with said codes? I own a JVC 52 inch HD-ILA tv and have the same issue trying to train the new style remote does the light up and only blink once deal.
I have the same tv, but have been reluctant to program the remote due to the possible quick on and offs, and not allowing the bulb to cool down adequately. Might not be a problem, but am scared to take the chance. By the way bratboy, did you see the recall on this set?

You mean about the board they offer to replace? Mine was made in Dec so is safe from that, already checked. Now if its something else then I wasnt aware of it.

As for "fast on/off" don't worry. The time restraints so you cant turn back on for so long settings are in the TV not the remote so no matter what remote you use to turn on/off all the protection features of the TV work.

Yes bratboy - was referring to the board changeout. Will be getting mine done this week. By the way--how do you like your HD-ILA set? Love mine. Best HD quality I have ever seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts