VOOM OTA anteena with Dish receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
I'm on the verge of going with DISH (if I can get the $100 fee waived), but I do have a couple of questions before making the move:

Right now I'm getting all my local network stations via OTA antenna connected to my VOOM receiver. They are all in HD and look real good and I don't want to lose them. Will I be able to connect the OTA antenna to the DISH 811 receiver to still get these stations?

Also, will the second DIsh used to get the VOOM HD channels and local channels be located in the same place as my VOOM dish? In other words, will they remove the VOOM dish I currently have and install the Dish dish in the exact same spot? I live in an apartment building and want to avoid cluttering the building with satelite dishes.

Any help on these matters would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Videomax said:
I'm on the verge of going with DISH (if I can get the $100 fee waived), but I do have a couple of questions before making the move:

Right now I'm getting all my local network stations via OTA antenna connected to my VOOM receiver. They are all in HD and look real good and I don't want to lose them. Will I be able to connect the OTA antenna to the DISH 811 receiver to still get these stations?

Also, will the second DIsh used to get the VOOM HD channels and local channels be located in the same place as my VOOM dish? In other words, will they remove the VOOM dish I currently have and install the Dish dish in the exact same spot? I live in an apartment building and want to avoid cluttering the building with satelite dishes.

Thanks,
Dave

I am not an expert, but I think the answer to both questions is yes.

The only way they will waive the $100 is if you need the second dish at 61.5 to get your locals from them.

-k

Videomax said:

Thanks,
Dave

you will still need to put a 2 dish up to recieve the rest of you station but yes they can replace the voom dish and use you ota.

Just to let you know that if you a Dish installer come over use the diplexer that came with your OTA antenna with Voom. I had Dish installed a couple of days ago and they used their own diplexer and I did not get most of my OTA channels. I switched it back out and now I get them all again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)