VOOM OTA Antenna

starrg

Original poster
May 28, 2004
I have a dilemma with my VOOM provided OTA antenna. They upgraded me to a "SquareShooter" mounted on the roof, and it still does not get all the OTA channels. I know this because I have my own Channelmaster 4228 installed in my attic that does get all the available OTA channels in Atlanta. According to Customer Service, VOOM only has one upgrade available, so I am out of luck if it doesn't work. Has anyone had any luck getting a different upgrade from VOOM? Do I just have to be content with the poor quality I am getting from the SquareShooter?

starrg said:
I know this because I have my own Channelmaster 4228 installed in my attic that does get all the available OTA channels in Atlanta.
Welcome starrg,
Does it get them with VOOM receiver? Digital channels? Why not use that Channelmaster then?

I got upgraded to a Channelmaster 4228 and get all my local stations OTA. I would of used your Channelmaster since you own one.

starrg said:
I have a dilemma with my VOOM provided OTA antenna. They upgraded me to a "SquareShooter" mounted on the roof, and it still does not get all the OTA channels. I know this because I have my own Channelmaster 4228 installed in my attic that does get all the available OTA channels in Atlanta. According to Customer Service, VOOM only has one upgrade available, so I am out of luck if it doesn't work. Has anyone had any luck getting a different upgrade from VOOM? Do I just have to be content with the poor quality I am getting from the SquareShooter?
Then dump the SquareShooter and hook your 4228 up to the Voom box.

I am using my Channelmaster, but not through VOOM. I guess it's just the principal of it - I mean they (VOOM) should provide me an antenna that works. At least I can record the feed from my channelmaster on my Mitsubishi DVHS.

starrg said:
I am using my Channelmaster, but not through VOOM. I guess it's just the principal of it - I mean they (VOOM) should provide me an antenna that works. At least I can record the feed from my channelmaster on my Mitsubishi DVHS.

Well then get splitter for your channelmaster, then you can feed both... why go through the agravation of calling CSR's?

Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)