VOOM phone number now giving shutdown message

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
The VOOM phone number 1-800-GET-VOOM is now playing a message about service being discontinued 4/30 and no billing past 4/30 and no contract fee. This is before it lets you choose to be connected to a CSR. CSR's are still taking calls after the message and semm to have some new information. (but not what I was calling about)

Should have ordered the Playboy channel when I had the chance. But... not sure I am willing to pay that price my with would extract from my hide when she found it on the tv.

Rumor has it that all the workers walked off the job? Anyone else hear that? Guess the recording is the official notice.

Scott

I tried to upgrade to VaVaVoom around 6:00PM(EDT) and was told they are no longer allowing upgrades. Has anyone else been able to upgrade after the time I listed?

storageset said:
I tried to upgrade to VaVaVoom around 6:00PM(EDT) and was told they are no longer allowing upgrades.
I was thinking of upgrading to VaVaVOOM...
I guess I will keep my VOOM charter member status forever! :)

ScottDurand said:
Rumor has it that all the workers walked off the job? Anyone else hear that? Guess the recording is the official notice.

Scott

I haven't heard this but can you blame them? This drama has been going on for so long they probably got sick and tired of it.

storageset said:
I tried to upgrade to VaVaVoom around 6:00PM(EDT) and was told they are no longer allowing upgrades. Has anyone else been able to upgrade after the time I listed?

yeah this was mention in another thread where they would not let you do this.

tyork

Bilodeaumj said:
...but not if you were a stock holder only worried about short term gains...

Clearly you haven't any idea what the real cost are going to be. In fact, and I am trying to get some numbers together over the weekend IF I have any time, I am not so sure selling the satellite to E* was the best financial decision James made. Not even short term. There will be a pretty steep shutdown cost in addition to a write off on assets. 200 million is not going to cover a lot. The initial amounts that Chuck was offering was around 400 million, close or equal to the amount mentioned in the last negotiations. CVC would not have incurred any shutdown costs and there would be much less write off on assets. So, I am really not sure why some see this a best for shareholders. Last time, when it was clear, the deal with Chuck fell thru, the stock went down because of the huge expected cost and write-off. I expect exactly the same to happen, Monday. But I may be wrong, woulddn't be the first time, and will not be the last time either. :)

Ilya said:
I was thinking of upgrading to VaVaVOOM...
I guess I will keep my VOOM charter member status forever! :)

Sean, a smiley face...? It ain't funny at all!!! :D

MarcelV said:
a smiley face...? It ain't funny at all!!! :D
I am just smiling about my "permanent" charter member status...

Seriously, I am surprised they are not allowing upgrades to VaVaVOOM. Perhaps they will reconsider this...

Ilya said:
Seriously, I am surprised they are not allowing upgrades to VaVaVOOM. Perhaps they will reconsider this...
I upgraded around 4PM EDT, and they let me do it. They even put me in the 2 months free VaVaVoom, so I still pay the same amount 39.90 for all channels. I guess, they are trying to minimize now all cost. They will have to pay HBO, Starz and Showtime based on subscriber numbers. And I guess, that it is based on VaVaVoom subscriber numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)